Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Notification call

Posted May 21, 2020 03:41 AM
    Hello,

I created a call(email) object to sent email on success or failure.
    What I have noticed is you don't have the option to send an email on success.
    The last step, the end,you you choose ended in success else : it will send an email in case of failure.
    Is there a  easy way to do that ? (I can check on not ok else but I will not have the mail in case of failure)

An other strange behavior, in the Attributes tab of the workflow, you configure the email sending at the Task Result Evaluation level.
    It will send an email for each jobs in failed in the workflow instead of one email for the workflow.
    If I have 30 jobs I will receive 30 emails for the same workflow.Each emails containing the name of the jobs in failure.
    Even if I send the email for the End (Time & Dependencies) I have the same behavior.
    Is there a way to send only one email ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Notification call
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 05, 2020 09:02 AM
      |   view attached
    I built preconditions to determine success or failure.  Usually a variable check that determines if it was successful, a failure, or the process can skip sending the email.

If you want to be fancy, or increase the scaling, you can also add &$CLIENT# or another variable, we use a custom one &ENV# a lot, into your KEY for setting values passed to the notification, so then you can get different recipients in DEV vs PROD.

------------------------------
    Automation Engineer
    New Directions

• 3.  RE: Notification call

Posted Jun 05, 2020 09:04 AM
    Are you attempting to use an SLO or a notification within the workflow?

Automation Engineer
    New Directions