Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?

Posted Dec 04, 2014 11:16 AM

I’m trying to use a task leveraging the bulk loader in IDM, however when using the bulk loader it doesn’t seem to recognize screen logical attributes/data that I pass in the .csv.  Simple Example:

Our task has 4 fields, one of which is a screen logical attribute that PX uses to set an endpoint attribute (addJobFunctionCode).

HEADER: action,%EXTRA_ATTR3%,%FIRST_NAME%,|addJobFunctionCode|

ROW1:      modify,lew5913,Ron,9

During the bulk loader screens, it sees the header, but when submitted and running the task it doesn’t transfer the value to task…  Is this to be expected or is my format wrong on the CSV?

Thanks,

Rob

• 2.  Re: Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?

Posted Dec 08, 2014 10:08 AM

Anyone able to assist Robert?

• 3.  Re: Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2014 09:07 PM

From CA Support:

Unfortunately, the bulk loader does not support the use of screen logical attribute handlers. There is an enhancement request opened from a few years ago that has not yet been addressed.

In the mean time, standard LAH are available for use by the bulk loader. As a workaround you may want to use this to your advantage.

• 4.  Re: Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2014 07:57 AM

I assume you're talking about the "bulk loader" task available in the IM UI.

Have you tried the bulk load client instead. I've used screen logical attributes in uploads via the bulk load client. The SLA values were used to drive PX logic.

• 5.  Re: Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?

Posted Aug 09, 2016 08:38 AM

Hi Can you please share How to Configure Bulk Load Client Process with step by step

• 6.  Re: Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 10:49 AM

Documentation on how to install and configure the bulk load client is actually in the "IMAG Connectors" documentation set, rather than in the Identity Manager documentation set.

See following link:

Bulk Load Client - CA Identity Management & Governance Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation

Regards

Pearse

• 7.  Re: Bulk Loader with screen logical attributes?

Posted Jan 21, 2018 11:35 AM

This is now supported per Product Management response in related posting: https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235723139#comment-233934470