Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Service Virtualization v3 API issue

• 1.  Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Posted Feb 24, 2020 05:04 AM
    Hi,

I have created a endpoint using Create virtual service v3 api with RR pair and it is successfully deployed in vse server. Now i added a new attribute in my response object (ex. "country":"US"), and deployed it. But i'm not getting the updated response for my endpoints, still getting the old response without country attribute.

We are using v3 apis to create and update endpoints. Any pointers to any of the older v2 or v1 apis which can update my response.

Could anyone help on this.

• 2.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 01:54 AM
    @Giridharan Jagadeesan - pls assist here. ​

------------------------------
    Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 07:45 AM
    Hi Parthiban,

Pls provide more information to understand your scenario better.

What is the RR pair you used to create VS?
    What is the RR pair you used to update the VS (with updated response)?
    Can you send me your RRpair files?

Cheers,
    Giri

• 4.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Posted Feb 25, 2020 11:27 PM
    Hi Giri,

I have attached both RR pairs. RR1 is used to create a virtual service and then RR2 is used to update the same virtual service. Update api call is successful, but still we are getting the RR1 response instead of the updated response from RR2. Please let me know if you need more details.

Create api - /vses/{vseName}/services
    Update api - /vses/{vseName}/services/{virtualServiceName}

Attachment(s)

zip
    crudauth-RR1-create.zip   716 B 1 version
    zip
    crudauth-RR2-update.zip   738 B 1 version

• 5.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2020 02:23 AM
    Hi Parthiban,

Thanks for the files. I see you have added 'phone number' in the updated response file. In this case, you need to set overwrite flag to 'true' in the config field before executing the Update api {"transportProtocol":{"overwriteTxns":true}}. Then if you replay the virtual service, you will get the desired response with phone number. Pls try and let me know.

Cheers,
    Giri

• 6.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Posted Feb 26, 2020 04:28 AM
    @Giridharan Jagadeesan

Hi Giri,

I tried with the below steps, but still not working for me. Could you please check and let me if i'm missing anything.

1. Created a virtual service using RR1 with below config.

{"dataProtocol":{"forRequest":true,"typeId":"RESTDPH"},"virtualService":{"name":"test_VPE_23","description":"Invoke API V2","thinkScale":"100","version":"2","status":"","capacity":"10"},"transportProtocol":{"basePath":"\/","useGateway":true,"hostHeaderPassThrough":false,"overwriteTxns":true,"typeId":"HTTP"}}

2. Updated the same virtual service using RR2 with updated response. I tried to attach the same config json with update api as well, but still not working.

Could you please check the below issue as well. Both might be interrelated.

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1843&MessageKey=ced2731b-6937-4c53-b2af-43d4694f3fcd&CommunityKey=94bda077-625b-4914-8ac3-c88a06c2cc23&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fenterprisesoftware%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3d94bda077-625b-4914-8ac3-c88a06c2cc23

• 7.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:26 AM
    Hi Parthiban,

Are you referring to 'thinkScale' and 'capacity' getting reset as not working or without providing those properties as before 'overwrite' was not working?

In a nutshell - 
    #1 - when you overwrite, it should work, I tested
    #2 - need to debug why those properties resets to default values when update is executed (FYI - to increase capacity value you need to have performance license enabled; if not capacity is 1 by default)

May I request you to raise a support ticket for the issues that you are facing?

Cheers,
    Giri​​

• 8.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Posted Feb 26, 2020 11:06 PM
    Hi Giri,

I have 2 issues.

1. overwrite option is not working for new RR pair with same request and different response, still i'm getting the old response.

2. Yes i was able to increase the thinkScale and capacity while creating a stub using create api, but the same is getting reset when i update the same virtual service using update api ( I couldn't find any option to set the thinkScale and capacity in update api).

Could you please share the support portal link.

• 9.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2020 01:57 AM
    Hi Parthiban,

I am not sure of the exact support link for customers. It is Wolken service desk.  Pls check with your account team.

Cheers,
    Giri

• 10.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Posted Feb 27, 2020 02:02 AM
    Thanks Giri.

Could you please tell me how to check whether "overwriteTxns" is enabled for my service in devTest using mar file or in dev portal.

• 11.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2020 05:37 AM
    Hi Parthiban,

Unfortunately, we are not exposing it either in mar or in the portal. I have noted this point down for consideration. Thanks.

Regards,
    Giri

• 12.  RE: Service Virtualization v3 API issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 10:15 PM
    Hi Parthiban,

Thanks for raising support case for this issue. I am able to replicate the issue based on over discussion. I have raised defect with engineering team to provide fix.

Thanks,
    Srikanth Gajawada