Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

navzjoshi00

navzjoshi00Sep 25, 2015 10:14 AM

• 1.  GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 25, 2015 10:05 AM

On behalf of the CA PPM writers at CA Technologies, we are pleased to announce that the CA PPM 14.3 On Premise and SaaS documentation is available. The documentation is updated to reflect all of the new and enhanced features. In addition, the following documentation improvements are available:

Online Help

New cloud-based documentation (wiki.ca.com), available in 8 languages (Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish) replaces the traditional static bookshelf help. You can continue to click the Help link from the product user interface. The resulting documentation takes the following factors into account before showing the best matching help page:

• the current release of your product
    • the current environment (SaaS or On-Premise)
    • the current language setting that you set for the software
    • the current page that you are viewing

When documentation is not available in the language that matches the user interface, the English edition appears. For example, the CA PPM Studio Development content only appears in English.

Note: The software continues to appear in your choice of 20 languages; however, the documentation is available only in the previously-mentioned localized editions. Translating to fewer languages enables us to offer more translated content in each available language.

Learn More:

• 2.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 25, 2015 10:10 AM

Thanks sharing this information with the community John!

JOHN George wrote:

On behalf of the CA PPM writers at CA Technologies, we are pleased to announce that the CA PPM 14.3 On Premise and SaaS documentation is available. The documentation is updated to reflect all of the new and enhanced features. In addition, the following documentation improvements are available:

Online Help

New cloud-based documentation (wiki.ca.com), available in 8 languages (Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish) replaces the traditional static bookshelf help. You can continue to click the Help link from the product user interface. The resulting documentation takes the following factors into account before showing the best matching help page:

• the current release of your product
    • the current environment (SaaS or On-Premise)
    • the current language setting that you set for the software
    • the current page that you are viewing

When documentation is not available in the language that matches the user interface, the English edition appears. For example, the CA PPM Studio Development content only appears in English.

Note: The software continues to appear in your choice of 20 languages; however, the documentation is available only in the previously-mentioned localized editions. Translating to fewer languages enables us to offer more translated content in each available language.

Learn More:

• 3.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 25, 2015 10:14 AM

Thanks for sharing this, John

NJ

• 4.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 25, 2015 10:22 AM

Thanks a lot for providing this so fast after GA.

Do I understand correctly that the cloud based solution is permanently replacing the Bookshelf?

Would it still be possible to have PDFs with only a part of the documentation (e.g. Project Management, Resource Management, Installation Guide, etc.)

• 5.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 25, 2015 10:37 AM

Hi @dennis_itdesign,

You're very welcome! Your understanding regarding the bookshelves is correct, we no longer provide them. Here is a link to my community announcement regarding this:

Goodbye Bookshelves...Hello Wiki (#DocOps)!

And, we unfortunately do not provide PDF's for smaller portions or sections of the wiki documentation, like your examples. If you click the Print PDF button in the upper-right of the documentation wiki, you will receive a PDF of the entire wiki content.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

John

• 6.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 26, 2015 04:38 PM

I guess if the help you access from the product is the Wiki it had to be out fairly soon after the release of the project.

On the positive side it could always be the up to date version.

On the other hand if you do not have access to the open internet and haven on premise system you do not have any help.

Yes, you can download the WIki but you would have to build a link to access that and you do not have context sensitivity and the search works differently.

Did this really pass UAT?

• 7.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 26, 2015 05:24 PM

The OWB help seems to go to the SAAS labeled Wiki even on premise.

• 8.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 29, 2015 07:33 AM

Hi urmas

You are correct, one great feature of the new documentation platform on wiki.ca.com is that it is available much sooner and you can always be confident that it is the most current version.

Regarding your comment about not having access to the internet: is that your situation? In all of the communication, planning, development, testing, and rollout of the new documentation platform, I, and others I have talked to about this, have not heard from any customer that they have this situation. If you do, please engage with your CA team to have wiki.ca.com added to your list of trusted sites. I would also like to hear from you and others since we don't have any data about this actually happening. Should this situation actually exist, we need metrics to address it so please reach out to me.

The PDF of the entire CA PPM documentation is also available to you as previously noted.

Now, to also address your question about the OWB help having the SaaS label even for On Premise. We are aware of this and will work to address it in a future documentation update.

• 9.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 29, 2015 08:45 AM

Yes that is my situation.

In in the guest network.

My PC (the VMWare host) can access the Wiki.

The guest VM running Clarity cannot access the Wiki.

If I have my own mobile connection that will allow to access the Wiki from the VM guest running Clarity.

The organization will not open the access.

• 10.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 29, 2015 09:37 AM

Hi urmas,

My sincere apologies that you are having difficulties. Since your PC (the VMWare host) can access the wiki, it appears that you do have a "workaround" and can get to the wiki content. You say that the organization will not open the access, so my suggestion to you is to speak to your PPM administrator and/or work with CA Technologies Support by opening a ticket.

- John

• 11.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 29, 2015 11:24 AM

The simple solution for me would be having the help on the Clarity VM as html.

The first workaround is to go to the Wiki on the host or the company PC.

The next one is the pdf on the VM.

These do not make me happy, but why bother with something else.

I don't think that there are that many organizations or users for whom this is a show stopper.

• 12.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 29, 2015 12:20 PM

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but I am glad to hear that you do have a workaround. Even though many organizations may not have this issue, I still plan to bring your feedback back to my team.

Thank you.

John

• 13.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 27, 2015 10:28 AM

Thanks John!

• 14.  Re: GA Announcement – CA PPM 14.3 Documentation

Posted Sep 29, 2015 07:33 AM

Hi @Andy,

You're very welcome - always glad to help.