Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft vs. PowerBI

Posted Jul 17, 2019 01:05 PM
    ​I'm a New Clarity PPM user and my first time in the 'Communities'.  My company is new to Clarity PPM and we are in the early configuration stage of our installation.  I am responsible for reporting and was wondering if anyone out there can offer their opinion on Jaspersoft vs. PowerBI.  Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of them and which one you would recommend as our 'go to'.  I know we can use both, but I have little experience with either and was wondering which one I should spend the most time learning.  Basically, in the Clarity PPM world, which one is better?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: Jaspersoft vs. PowerBI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 01:20 PM
    Hi Wayne

With Jaspersoft we offer OOTB reports that can be used, so provided this is something your company is interested in, it would be more of a functional learning on which reports to run and how to run them. Everyone will have access to those reports. 
    You could also create custom views and reports but that's not mandatory you could just get away with using OOTB if you wanted to

With PowerBI you will need to know more of the custom side of things because PowerBI is essentially there for you to create and run reports, you can't use it otherwise. So you will have to be able to select the DWH tables to join and such. It might be more of a learning curve depending on your background

So it's really up to you to decide which path you'd like to go.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer, Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Jaspersoft vs. PowerBI

Posted Jul 17, 2019 05:07 PM

Use both for what each does well. 

• Power BI:  Powerful data analytics and cool dashboarding
    • Jaspersoft:  Easy ad-hoc reporting, automated delivery of reports via schedule as email attachments to anyone, even non-Clarity PPM users