Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Posted Feb 23, 2016 12:38 PM

I have a group of users suppose to be "VIEW" license based on the groups they got assigned to, however, I check the license info, and realize they are actually holding "restricted" license, and the reason is because PPM automatically adding a restricted access right called "Resource - Enter Time".

I can go to each individual and remove the right from them, but how can I avoid the system to do that?

• 2.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2016 01:28 PM

Procedurally, we would remove that instance right when we created a viewer user. Also, ensure that your project managers were not adding them to the project team. That sets them to a project participant unless you have the Administration > Project Management > Settings >

• 3.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Posted Feb 23, 2016 01:35 PM

Thank you for the reply. Does that mean there's no way to avoid that happen? And we will have to remove the right "Resource - Enter Time" from each View users?

• 4.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Posted Feb 24, 2016 02:14 AM

Hello,

Is there a Group, may be a Basic User Access Group, that is getting automatically assigned to a resource by a Process when the resource gets created on the CA Clarity PPM? Probably you can look into that Group's Access Rights. Also, the Resource - Enter Time Access Right can only work for a resource on the CA Clarity PPM when the 'Open for Time Entry' is set to True and the 'Track Mode' is set to Clarity for each resource present within the Resources tab on the UI side. If these 2 attributes are not set to the above values, then the Resource - Enter Time Access Right will not allow any resource to enter time on their CA Clarity PPM Timesheets.

Suhail.

• 5.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 02:26 AM

The Basis user group is added automatically when a user is created via UI, along with that below rights are automatically addeed, so if you would like to remove the same you need to remove manually.

• 6.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Posted Feb 24, 2016 02:45 AM

Hello Suman,

Is it not possible to remove the Resource - Enter Time access right from the Basic Group  for User Access? It is a bit strange as I couldn't see a Resource - Enter Time access right within my Basic Group for User Access. I can see a Timesheets - Navigate access right thought, but, that will allow the resource to view the Timesheets tab within the CA Clarity PPM tool.

Suhail.

• 7.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 03:03 AM

You are correct, even though the group is added the rights are not there in the group and its added directly at the user instance rights. So you can go to users and remove.

• 8.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Posted Feb 24, 2016 03:56 AM

Thanks Suman for the clarification. If you refer my image given below, it says that the Resource - Self (Auto) access right is automatically granted on resource creation whereas it doesn't say so for Resource - Enter Time access right. So, may be there could be a way of not getting the Resource - Enter Time access right to be automatically granted on resource creation? May be removing this access right from the custom gel script within the process that executes automatically on resource creation? Just curious to know.

Image.jpg

Many Thanks,

Suhail.

• 9.  Re: Avoid PPM to add "Resource - Enter Time" access right to new users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 04:09 AM

Hi Sunil,

Its code driven, even if you create a resource via xog and its doesn't add the group by default due to a bug CLRT-79712 Group "Basic group for user access" is not getting added when creating the user via xog. but you will stll get Resource Enter Time by default.

The only way is to remove once the resource is created. Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Suman Pramanik