Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to send Deployment Status,Appname to external third party application's REST API ?

Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:12 AM

Hi All,

I could able to call Third party RestAPI using REST Operation Call mentioned  below.

Calling third-party API from CA Release automation ? 

Currently our requirement is to send our deployment status , Application name etc details to the external third party REST API POST Call ? 

So that third party application will get the update of the deployment status and application name.

Thanks in Advance.

Mohanraj

• 2.  Re: How to send Deployment Status,Appname to external third party application's REST API ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:50 AM

Hi,

You can use parameters like <Application Name> in Body property.

However, deployment status is not built-in parameter. You need to define your parameters and get the status using other APIs like /release-status and /releases-reports.

/release-status - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

/releases-reports - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Cheers

Yas

• 3.  Re: How to send Deployment Status,Appname to external third party application's REST API ?

Posted Sep 08, 2017 05:12 AM

Thank you Yasuki-san for reply.

I am new to REST API.  I understood your point here.

I will mention in Body about parameters details how can I check what is the parameter value CA RA is sending?

NOTE : As of now I don't have access to external API so I am trying to simulate this and I will apply in real environment.

• 4.  Re: How to send Deployment Status,Appname to external third party application's REST API ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2017 09:00 PM

Hi Mohanraj-san,

I recommend to use "Add Text to a File" action type and output Body section you mention to a text file instead of calling external REST API without real environment, and check the text file.

Cheers

Yas

• 5.  Re: How to send Deployment Status,Appname to external third party application's REST API ?

Posted Sep 11, 2017 12:40 PM

Thank you Yasuyuki-san, It worked !!

• 6.  Re: How to send Deployment Status,Appname to external third party application's REST API ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 05:24 AM

Hi Mohanraj,

You may also check if you can form a custom JSON request having the above field inputted to JSON request file and you can use it to invoke the REST API.

However, the above is determine if your REST API accept same (however it is just standards).

Second way I can suggest beside suggestion by Yas, which may require a manual intervention is you can use action "user input- stop for manual operation" in which you can display the value of parameter and on accepting the same it will be following over to the REST call action, passing same.

Regards,

Saurabh