Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Clarity Gantt error

Posted Aug 12, 2016 07:17 AM

In both IE and Chrome we get the error message "Error occurred, please contact system administrator" when trying to adjust with windows within the page. Has anyone else gotten this and any ideas on what causes it?

• 2.  Re: Clarity Gantt error

Posted Aug 15, 2016 05:22 PM

Usually when we get that error it is because the session has timed out. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the Gantt opens in a separate browser window. Does this error only happen on the Gantt screen or in other places as well?

• 3.  Re: Clarity Gantt error

Posted Aug 16, 2016 06:48 AM

This only happens in the Gantt

• 4.  Re: Clarity Gantt error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 06:40 AM

Which version of PPM are you using?

There is a known issue, CLRT-77237, in relation to resizing and zoom levels in Gantt view, described in http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1491982.aspx

This issue has been fixed in 14.3.

• 5.  Re: Clarity Gantt error

Posted Aug 16, 2016 06:54 AM

We are using 14.2 and we receive the error whether at zoom of 100% or 125% using Chrome or IE.  Thank you for the issue document though.  I will communicate this out and that it is resolved in 14.3 which we will be upgrading to in the near future.

• 6.  Re: Clarity Gantt error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 07:11 AM

The issue can appear when the zoom is different from 100% but also, regardless of zoom level, when resizing, so this is likely the defect you are observing.

You are still on an version of PPM that is not receiving patches, so I would recommend that you plan for an upgrade to a newer release soon...