CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to get the "affected end user tenant" value creating a request (in runtime)

Posted Dec 28, 2018 01:02 PM

Hi, I need to compare two values while creating a request to show or not a message, in a javascript function.

I need to compare the "tenant" of the ticket and the "tenant" of the contact I'm entering in the "Affected end user" field, 

I know I can get the ticket's tenant through "argTenantId" variable but I need to know which one is related to "affected end user tenant" - all this in runtime - 

Thanks in advance!

Ana KBS.

• 2.  Re: How to get the "affected end user tenant" value creating a request (in runtime)

Posted Jan 14, 2019 01:15 AM

Hi. 

This is honestly just a stab in the dark, but this knowledge document references "getCandidateTenants"  - is that something that JavaScript can access, and is it useful?

If not, and we don't get any  more info here in Communities, please log a Support issue and include in the text to have it assigned to me. I'll see if CA Engineering can provide any advice on a "best effort" basis.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: How to get the "affected end user tenant" value creating a request (in runtime)

Posted Jan 14, 2019 02:18 PM

Hi Kyle_R, thank you.

I was reading the article but honestly I dont' know how to use or handle "getCandidateTenants" in the forms.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: How to get the "affected end user tenant" value creating a request (in runtime)

Posted Jan 17, 2019 08:26 PM

Hi Ana

When I have this type of need I turn to an event in the lookup field (onchange, onclick, onblur) that has the information imputed in order to execute a javascript function that performs a search operation that returns a callback with the desired attribute. It is a bit complicated to do but this need is very common. I'll look for an example and post here soon.

• 5.  Re: How to get the "affected end user tenant" value creating a request (in runtime)

Posted Jan 21, 2019 08:15 AM

Hi ClaudioGermano , thanks a lot!

I appreciate if you can post an example!

Best regards.

Ana KBS.