Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

• 1.  RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Posted Apr 21, 2014 11:25 PM

Hi,

We recently upgraded to 13.2 (on a test environment) and installed PMO Acc and CSP. The CSP reports throw this error when run

RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server. Please check that user has the required rights on reports folder

In the 'Reports and Jobs' on admin side the path for the executable is this -  /CSP/Capacity vs Allocation by OBS. However the app-ca logs are saying this

ERROR 2014-04-22 13:09:39,683 [http-bio-81-exec-5] niku.reporting (clarity:inf_adm:11734927__E2D97AD9-B504-4E3F-8429-D8CAAE09D775:nmc.executeAvailReport) Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server.The path node 'CSP' does not exist in the repository.
    Where do I go and look for this particular *.rep file so that I can view and change the properties e.g. Database configuration.This file is not in that usual CA Clarity folder in the BO CMC

Has anyone encountered this error, after the installation of CSP, yet?

Regards,

Pankaj

• 2.  RE: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting serv
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 03:15 AM

Hi Pankaj,

The error is because you did not import the csp reports provided under csp.biar.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik

• 3.  RE: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting serv

Posted Apr 22, 2014 06:13 PM

Hi Suman,

How do I import them? sorry, I havent done an installation before, I thought (based on the installation document guide) that an "admin content csk" and csp was enough.

So, is there anything more that needs to be done?

Regards,

Pankaj

• 4.  RE: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting serv

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2014 08:17 AM

Pankaj,

Please go through the installation guide and it says how you need to import biar file, also go through the csp guides.

Regards

Suman

• 5.  RE: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting serv

Posted Apr 30, 2014 04:30 PM

The instuctions are very detailed in the installation guiide.  You use the Import Wizard in Business Objects.  The settings are well documented

• 6.  Re: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Posted Apr 23, 2015 06:51 AM

Hi Suman,

I am still getting the same error message after importing the BIAR file. The error message that I am getting is:

"RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server. Please check that user has the required rights on reports folder."

I have logged in as admin user and I am sure this user has been provided the 'Report - Run' access rights for that report at instance level.

Please advise.

Regards

Deepakh M S.

• 7.  Re: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:14 AM

What error do you see in the logs ?

Can you check the access on CMC ?

NJ

• 8.  Re: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:14 AM

Can you try to remove the user from CMC and then try creating the user again by running the job for business objects users in Clarity ?

NJ

• 9.  Re: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:18 AM

Also, check to see if the user is assigned to the below groups -

CA-PPM-Reporting-User and Everyone

NJ

• 10.  Re: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:55 AM

Also, please start a new thread for this, so it would be easier to respond

NJ

• 11.  Re: RPT-0014: Unable to retrieve the report information from reporting server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:43 AM

Hi Deepak,

Admin user is CMC should be there in clarity and in clarity user must have also rights to run the report. If you are facing an issue further to this please raise a support ticket.

Regards

Suman Pramanik