CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to close requests that have failed workflows

Posted Jul 08, 2016 12:20 PM

When attempting to close a request that has a failed workflow I'm faced with either

this message...

or...

Any Ideas as to what is going on here?

• 2.  Re: Unable to close requests that have failed workflows
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2016 01:46 PM

Ok for some odd reason I was able to open up a new process against the request and close it out after about an hour. Somehow the failed request workflow fell off and I was able to work against it again.

Very strange. Any takers on what is happening behind the scenes?

Again many thanks!

• 3.  Re: Unable to close requests that have failed workflows

Posted Jul 11, 2016 04:43 AM

Hi,

The process is failed in process automation (for SDM its running) and until you repair/cancel it in PA, you can't close the ticket.

Regards,

Miroslav

• 4.  Re: Unable to close requests that have failed workflows

Posted Jul 11, 2016 01:49 PM

I don't think that's accurate.  My understanding is that a Failed process in PA is still complete but it completed to the Red X exit operator instead of the green check.  A blocked or suspended process would need to be repaired or cancelled.  However, that being said, I would have expected a failed process to allow a ticket to be closed since it is no longer running.

The error about requiring a comment sounds like a status transition configuration moving from whatever status you were in to the Closed Status and shouldn't be directly related to the process itself.  That's a configuration in Service Desk.