Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dependency jobs

• 1.  Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 25, 2020 03:25 AM
    Hello All,

I have a requirement to create a set of jobs where the SD billing job (workflow) has to complete its run before  CO30 job run. I have included them in a workflow. but still the CO30 job has been started before the completion of the SD billing job. is there anyway to avoid this situation. Kindly help us how to fix this issue.

Thanks
    Praveena Bingi

• 2.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2020 03:57 AM
    Hello,

i think that all Jobs after the first Job in the Workflow must have the Parameter "Generate at Runtime".

Regards 
    Markus

• 3.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2020 04:19 AM
    Edited by PROSENJIT MAJI Feb 26, 2020 04:20 AM
    Hi Praveena,

I agree with Markus. All of your tasks must use "Generate at Runtime" option.

In addition to that, what I have seen earlier users forget to connect the tasks. In that scenario some parallel execution happens.

In following screen task 2 & task 5 will run together as task 2 doesn't connect to task 5.

JOBP_View

By the way I don't like it & I strongly feel Broadcom should not allow this. All of the tasks should get initiated through a line from start button.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Prosenjit
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2020 05:00 AM
    Hi Prosenjit.

Attached is the image. where1st job should complete its run before 2nd job triggers its run. I have checked the options, i Couldn't find generate runtime option. Could you please check and suggest on this

workflow job

• 5.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2020 05:25 AM
    Hello,

unfortunately I can not upload Pictures. Open Workflows 1 and 2 with "Edit" and Check the "Generate at Runtime" box under Attributes.
    It is not a "Task properties" of Workflow 1 and 2!

Regards
    Markus

• 6.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:54 AM
    Hi Markus,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have applied the changes.. will check the todays run and let you know .
    By the way is there any way to add two steps to SAP job in UC4. If yes, Kindly let us know. I have tried to add submit the program twice with different variants, its wokring fine but the job is running twice . I need only one run with two steps defined.

• 7.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 27, 2020 08:21 AM
    Hi Markus,

Though we have applied the changes ( checking generate run time option). the results were as not expected. the CO30 job ran without completion of SD billing job. Could you please suggest on this?

Thanks
    Praveena Bingi

• 8.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Feb 28, 2020 03:48 AM
    Hello,

the Workflow now looks a little different from the above.
    If the CO30 Job is in Task (4), the "Generate at Runtime"
    be set in Task (4), not in Task (3)!
    To your Question above, there are two Solutions (but that was a few years ago for me):
    1. in the Tab "Form" you can start several Variants of a Report
    2. in the Tab Script with:
    R3_ACTIVATE_REPORT REPORT='ZABC',VARIANT='A1' ...
    R3_ACTIVATE_REPORT REPORT='ZABC',VARIANT='A2' ...
    R3_ACTIVATE_REPORT REPORT='ZABC',VARIANT='A3' ...
    This is very well described in the Documentation.

Regards
    Markus

• 9.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Mar 02, 2020 01:25 AM
    Hi Markus,

Well we have tried this option before itself. but its submitting the job twice at SAP level. User wants two variants (multiple steps ) to be run in a single SAP job.
    Kindly let us know how this can be done

Thanks
    Praveena Bingi

• 10.  RE: Dependency jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 07:27 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,
    please set up "combine job steps" in the SAP connection object. This option decides whether several R3_ACTIVATE_REPORT are being combined into a single job in SAP.
    Regards, Markus

• 11.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Mar 03, 2020 09:46 AM
    Hi Markus,

Thanks for the prompt response. We have created new SAP connection object with combine job steps for testing . Now, Kindly let me know how to proceed 

Thanks
    Praveena Bingi

• 12.  RE: Dependency jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 09:55 AM
    Hi,
    please log on to client 0, open the agent object, select the new connection objekt and rerun the job. Be aware that this setting affects all jobs running on the agent.
    Regards, Markus

• 13.  RE: Dependency jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 07:30 AM
    Hi,
    please share the content of your workflows.
    Regards, Markus

• 14.  RE: Dependency jobs
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2020 02:11 AM
    Edited by Diane Craddock Mar 03, 2020 08:29 AM

If you have reasons to perform analysis on files in a certain order, you can tell SLURM that ensuing jobs depend on the previous jobs completing successfully. This is done with the ––dependency option. The syntax for this is:

––dependency=afterok:<job id>

where <job id> is the ID of the job that must be completed before the current job can start. For example, if you had a job currently running that had an ID of 123456 and wanted to submit another job that wouldn't run until 123456 was finished, you would submit your new job as follows:

sbatch ––dependency=afterok:123456 <analysis program>

Walgreenslistens

• 15.  RE: Dependency jobs

Posted Mar 02, 2020 02:20 AM
    Hi

Is this to be done in Process tab ? and Job ID is dynamic and it changes with run time. How can we satisfy this JOB ID 

Thanks
    Praveena Bingi