Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to record HTTPS service using WCF TestClient

Posted May 15, 2016 05:17 AM

Hi All,

I tried to record a insecure(HTTP) service by using DevTest 8.4, through WCF TestClient, and i was able to do it successfully. But when i am trying to record a secure(HTTPS) service using WCF TestClient, I am unable to record it. This might be because we need to make some changes to the config file(client.dll.config) after adding the service, which i am not doing as of now.

Since the VS needs to be tested using WCF TestClient, so i could not record through any other means.

Could anyone please help on this?

Regards,

Aman Saeed

• 2.  Re: How to record HTTPS service using WCF TestClient

Posted May 16, 2016 01:11 PM

Hi All,

Could anyone please help on this?

Regards,

Aman Saeed.

• 3.  Re: How to record HTTPS service using WCF TestClient

Posted May 21, 2016 02:52 AM

Hi,

Any suggestions on this please?

Regards,

Aman Saeed

• 4.  Re: How to record HTTPS service using WCF TestClient

Posted May 23, 2016 03:53 PM

Hi Aman, I have not used WCF Clients so this is just speculation.  However, you indicated that you were able to record a service using HTTP traffic.  I would start by verifying that there are no SSL handshake issues.

One approach would be to add a debug directive (-Djavax.net.debug=all or -Djavax.net.debug=ssl) to your Workstation.vmoptions file (if recording through Workstation).  Make the change, stop/start Workstation, and after trying to record a transaction, open up the Workstation.log.  Look at the handshake to see if the WCF client and DevTest settled on a suitable encryption routine or if the client or server terminated the handshake.  It may be that WCF is expecting a certain certificate or encryption that is not in DevTest's default keystore.

Note:  use caution of you copy the directive above as the "-" character may convert to a different ASCII char when pasted into the vmoptions.

• 5.  Re: How to record HTTPS service using WCF TestClient

Posted May 30, 2016 06:11 AM

Hi J_NeSmith,

I tried recording using WCFTestClient. At first i am try to record the wsdl step. Below is the error which i am encountering.

wcf_error.png

Cert configuration.png

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aman Saeed