Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the sam

• 1.  What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the sam

Posted Sep 19, 2018 09:40 AM

Specifically, people with the automatic refresh set to 90 seconds tend to see more things in the Activities Window, especially jobs that ENDED_OK.

• 2.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 19, 2018 10:00 AM

Does one possibly have "list view" active and the other "hierarchical view"?

Hierarchical view does not show single jobs with no parent, thus in effect showing less items.

• 3.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 19, 2018 01:50 PM

All three of us have Hierarchical selected for the Activities Window.  A few more details.  The two people with the refresh set to 90 seconds see several Jobs with a status of END_OK which do not appear in the Activities Window of the user whose refresh is set to 200 seconds.

• 4.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 20, 2018 03:10 AM

Hi

I think the answer is hidden in the question :-)

A Job that gets executed appears in activity windows with several states (IN GENERATION, ACTIVE,POSTPROCESSING, and many more).

The time it resides in activity window with status ENDED_OK is (depending from AEperformance, DB performance and Job setting) quite short.

I would say that the usesrs with refresh time 90 secs do basically have more chance to catch those Jobs as the ones with 200 secs.

To prove my theory I would suggest setting up one or more testjobs with following settings (Attributes Tab)

This will keep them foradditional 3 Minutes in activity window

With these settings all of you users - independent of the refresh setting in gui - should be ableto see the jobs in state ENDED_OK

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 20, 2018 04:33 AM

So close ...

3 Minutes = 180 seconds (and we all know it has a one in ten chance of refreshing after 181+ seconds if set to 200, but it will hit that every time because that's how the universe works)

Make it 5 minutes and also, FrankMuffke, good idea

• 6.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 20, 2018 04:38 AM

D_a_m_n, you ' re correct, Carsten - as usual.

To clearify I am working in a bank so if there are 20 Millions more or less who cares...

But of course it should be definitely abunch more than 200 seconds - so 5 Minutes is a very good suggestion!

THX & cheers

Wolfgang

... searching the 15 lost millions from yesterday ...

• 7.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 20, 2018 04:55 AM

... searching the 15 lost millions from yesterday ...

I know that. I also lost 15 million once, back before we got the Euro. I was on holiday in Italy and it must have slipped out of the trousers pocket. Was meaning to buy a sandwich with it. Shame ...

• 8.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 20, 2018 08:45 AM

I will do the test you recommended.  However, those Jobs with the END_OK status appeared for almost a full day until one of the people able to see them manually deactivated them.  During which time all three of our computers rebooted so they should have all refreshed.

• 9.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the

Posted Sep 20, 2018 08:49 AM

Out of curiosity: What Automic version is this?

• 10.  Re: What is in the Activities Windows is not consistent between users.  We all have the Automatic refresh selected, some have it set at 200 seconds, some at 90 seconds.  Is there another setting we are missing?  Shouldn't all the Activities Windows be the
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2018 09:30 AM

Found the issue.  There are two places where you can set Filters for the Activities Window: using the Activities icon on the top menu bar and the Filters icon on the Activities Window menu bar.  I had only checked the Filters using the Activities icon; it turns out the Filter settings under the Filters icon was different and had the ANY_OK unchecked.  I am going to do some further testing to see if the Filters icon always takes precedence.

Thanks for the replies and good luck finding the missing 15 million.