CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add Priority Description to Request Ticket Form

Posted Dec 04, 2018 03:47 PM

Can the priority "Description" field be added to the Request ticket form so when the priority field is set to 1, the priority description field shows the text High?

I don't want to change the Priority field (symbol) to show 1 - High as that would require several changes (reports, scoreboard queries, etc.) to now reflect the change where as if I could just add the priority description field to the form then it would only be one change.

thank you

Katherine

• 2.  Re: Add Priority Description to Request Ticket Form
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 14, 2018 02:21 PM

Hi Katherine,

There are 3 options to achieve it.

1. Either rename the Priority sym values to whatever you required then it will display automatically.

2. You can add new field in the detail form as readonlytext use the attribute value as priority.description. as soon as the form will get saved the value will get displayed.

3. Dynamically change the values of any field like above priority.description based on onchange event priority. You can also use to have default argspriority description value on load.

Thanks

Mm

• 3.  Re: Add Priority Description to Request Ticket Form

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2018 02:36 PM

Hi Katherine, a quick thought... like salesforce implementation...right next to the priority field add a @i button and if end users have some confusion what priority should pick, they can simply click on this button and a new small popup page will explain to them. My 2  cents. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Add Priority Description to Request Ticket Form

Posted Dec 17, 2018 07:20 AM

Thanks everyone, I believe we are going to try the help button option as we have some groups who are using/pulling the priority sym values in their reports and once the new groups start using the priority field they will get to know what the levels are and mean eventually so it won't need to be displayed all the time.