Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to track project budgets and cost spent, estimates, etc?

• 1.  How to track project budgets and cost spent, estimates, etc?

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:21 PM

We currently use Rally (CA Agile Central) to track backlogs, tasks, defects, etc. I also know Rally has time tracker system which we are looking to implement.  But in Rally, I don't see how you can possibly do any type of project budgeting and costs spent thus far. It seems to me if you use time tracker so that I know contractors A, B, and C spent 50 hours each on the project so far then I should be able to calculate the cost of labor so far on the project and how much of original budget remains. I don't even see where you can put the hourly cost of resource without creating a custom field at the user level.  (Ie. contractor A is $50/hr, Contract B is $75/hour, etc)

Is there a way to do this in rally? how do others do this? i don't see how you can possibly track budget/costs/dollars spent vs remaining (based on original estimate/budget)  in Rally - which seems silly given how important that is to overall project and portfolio mgmt.   #budget  #laborcosts   #trackingprojectcosts  

• 2.  Re: How to track project budgets and cost spent, estimates, etc?

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:51 PM

Try using the following App

Agile EVM | CA Agile Central Help