Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to connect to Policy Server 12.8

Posted Jan 21, 2019 12:54 AM

Hi,

I recently upgraded the policy server from 12.52 Solaris to 12.8 linux. I have a reverse proxy in place on which the webagent is installed for 12.52.

After upgrading the policy server, I updated the SmHost.conf file on the reverse proxy server to point to new Policy server and commented the existing Policy Server IPs and restarted the services on both the reverse proxy as well as the policy server.

But even after making the change the reverse proxy is pointing to existing policy server only and forwarding the requests to that server.

Can someone please let me know if this upgrade requires a re-registration of web agent on the reverse proxy server.

If not, then what might be causing this redirection to the existing policy server and not the new one.

Regards,

Pankaj Sharma

• 2.  Re: Unable to connect to Policy Server 12.8

Posted Jan 25, 2019 02:36 PM

For your new policy server how did you build the policy store?   Is it an upgraded copy of the old one?   If so you should not need to reregister the agent (provided all the keys are the same).

For the Smhost  file   you gave it the new IPs  to boot off of..    did you also change the HCO to a new one that is comprised of the new policy server?   Or did you change the HCO in the 12.8 UI to be the new servers?  You should see in the webagent log what servers it declared were in the HCO.