Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  what are all the built in functions available in GTMSKF program?

Posted Mar 28, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi,

I masked data from file to file through datamaker. It worked fine.

But i want to add where condition in few columns in MAP CSV file. I tired OR condition and its working fine..

But when I try AND condition and Substring statment in Map CSV file, the program GTMSKF not even considering these statements. its just skipped these statements.

why it supported only OR condition?. and  why AND condition and Substring function is not working here?.

we are using only load module GTMSKF program. How to identify, what are all the statements or functions are supported during file conversion process?.

Please advise.

• 2.  Re: what are all the built in functions available in GTMSKF program?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:25 AM

Hello there.  Could you please be a bit more specific as to what the problem is?  Are you saying that the masking is not working or is it simply not masking the correct records.  Would it be possible to include a copy of your mapcsv file

• 3.  Re: what are all the built in functions available in GTMSKF program?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:09 AM

Hi,

below is the map csv file.

tablename,,where,column name='some value' OR column name='some value',,,,,,,,,

tablename,column name,PARTMASK,N,,,,N,,,,,,,,,

when i run map csv file job, its generating masked output data for OR condition.

tablename,,where,column name='some value' AND column name='some value',,,,,,,,,

tablename,column name,PARTMASK,N,,,,N,,,,,,,,,

when i run map csv file job, its not generating output.

when i see the report and audit file, the program GTMSKF not picking up AND condition.

just let me know, how to proceed AND condition in above map csv file. I tried AND with brackets also. Not working.

Please let me know, whether Program GTMSKF supporting AND function or not during masking job.

Thanks

Kamal

• 4.  Re: what are all the built in functions available in GTMSKF program?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2018 02:58 PM

Are you creating the csv file yourself or is that how it was generated from the transformation map.  My csv has a format like:

"Table","Column","Function","Parm1","Parm2","Parm3","Parm4","KeepNulls","Dateformat","Cross Reference","Override_Lookup","Unique_Columns","XPath Element","Substr start","Substr length","Notes","Preformat"
    CUSTOMER_RECORD,,WHERE," CUST_ID < 140",,,,,,,,,,,,,
    CUSTOMER_RECORD,,AND," CUST_STATE = 'TX'",,,,,,,,,,,,,
    CUSTOMER_RECORD,CUST_NAME,FILL,9999,,,,N,,,,,,,,,

and this works with no problem.

If the transformation map is generating the format per your example above, then I would suggest creating a support issue because I think there is something wrong. 

• 5.  Re: what are all the built in functions available in GTMSKF program?

Posted Apr 03, 2018 08:56 AM

Hi Belly,

I followed above example and its working fine. Thanks for example...