DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Add additional details to description when creating incident in servicenow

Posted Jul 15, 2019 11:55 PM
    Is there a way to modify the description information that gets passed on from CA Spectrum to ServiceNow when an incident is created ? I need to pass addition attribute information form Spectrum to be included in servicenow description based on which I can create rules in SNOW.

I understand adding new variables to ServiceDeskSetScript is of no use . 

Is there any other way of achieving this ? Please advice

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Engineer
    DXC Technology

• 2.  RE: Add additional details to description when creating incident in servicenow

Posted Jul 16, 2019 05:22 AM
    Hi Phani,

How are you integrating Spectrum and ServiceNow? Is it using Alarm/SD Notifier or a separate script?
    If you can provide some insight, will try to check if anything can be done here.

Thank you.
    Rajashekar

• 3.  RE: Add additional details to description when creating incident in servicenow

Posted Jul 16, 2019 08:02 PM
    We are using the default out of the box integration using the SANM and Servicenow . We are quite limited with the ability to pass extra attributes as part of the description information or any additional attributes form Spectrum to SNOW. Did you manage to achieve this in anyway?

Senior Systems Engineer
    DXC Technology

• 4.  RE: Add additional details to description when creating incident in servicenow

Posted Jul 16, 2019 06:02 AM
    The integration between Spectrum and ServiceNow is handled by CA NIM. This is a component that was introduced some versions ago, 10.2.1 if I remember correctly. 

This is available on the OneClick server. http://OC_SERVER:OC_PORT/ca-nim-sm/ui/login.jsp. Default is nimadmin/nimadmin.

In the Customizations section you can map fields from Spectrum to ServiceNow. Good luck with that. I was not able to get it working, and with the lack of support and useful information, I ended up modifying the ServiceNow part to match the information needed from the default sent message. 

I theory it should work, in practice it doesn't. I lost some time trying to figure it out, debugging everything step by step.

Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 5.  RE: Add additional details to description when creating incident in servicenow
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2019 07:59 PM
    Well, I've explored the options in the ca nim interface and had some really long discussions with CA on this , outcome of the discussion is that they have agreed most of the functionality which we expect to work doesn't work and its reserved for future enhancements . So, I understand your pain :)

I'm not sure how many are actually utilizing integration effectively, but its been quite useless in our case . Some of the most basic stuff doesn't work

We have a multi-tenant environment in both Spectrum and SNOW which makes things more complex as I cant make changes on service now so easily.

Just hoping Broadcom takes a look at enhancing integration as it would definitely will be a widely used one

Senior Systems Engineer
    DXC Technology