DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Posted 11 days ago
    I've tried snoozing an alarm from one user and then checking the same alarm from a different user. The snoozed indicator remains at 0 for the snoozed alarm. I don't see anything referencing it in the documentation. Does anyone know what this does / is for?
    Thanx
    Tim

• 2.  RE: What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?
    Best Answer

Posted 10 days ago
    Hi Tim,

The alarm snoozing is set for the specific user which enabled that, unless the "Snooze Selected Alarm for All Users" option is selected.
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-3-2/en/managing-client-applications/using-oneclick/monitoring-your-network-with-oneclick/manage-alarms#ManageAlarms-SnoozeAlarms

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 3.  RE: What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Posted 10 days ago
    Yep, that's how the snooze function works. That hasn't changed, but there is now a "Snoozed" column available in the Alarm table. I'm trying to understand what it is and what information it is displaying. So far all of my attempts have resulted in the value never changing from zero.
    Thanx
    Tim

• 4.  RE: What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Posted 10 days ago
    Yeah, it would only make sense if there was a way to force snoozed alarms to still be shown in the alarm tab, and in that case the value in the column would be the "Unsnooze_Time", as described by Joe. But then, the whole point in having the snooze option is to hide it from the user's alarm table.

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 5.  RE: What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Posted 10 days ago
    Tim,

A check on the OneClick system shows the attribute used to display the value in the Snoozed column is 0x13370. The associated xml file is $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/alarm/config/column-snoozeduration-config.xml

A check in the Model Type Editor (MTE) shows the 0x13370 attribute is on the GlobalAlarm model type and the actual attribute name is "Unsnooze_Time" and the date type is Date.

There is no way that I found to display the value in OneClick. It is not displayed when you run the CLI show alarms command either.

Joe

• 6.  RE: What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Posted 9 days ago
    Joe
    So is this a bug? I have a support case open, 20044873, but have not received any response to it at this point. I was investigating the possible use of this column in a filter, but, like you haven't been able to get the value to change from zero.
    Tim

• 7.  RE: What does the new "snoozed" OC column represent?

Posted 9 days ago
    Tim,

IMHO, I do not think it is a bug but a poor implementation. What I believe should happen is if I, using my User ID, Snooze an alarm, when you look at the alarm, you should see that it is snoozed by me and for how long.

AND

To be able to see ALL alarms that have been snoozed, for how long and by who.

Joe