CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Posted Jul 23, 2014 10:35 PM

Hi All,

We would like to show attachment file in scoreboard. Can we do that?

Cheers,

• 2.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Posted Jul 23, 2014 11:39 PM

Hi liaha03, How about considering the attachment Library repository within the Administration which lists all the attachment files? I'm not sure if there is an option to write a stored query to list the attachment in the scoreboard. If anyone has an idea to build a stored query to list attachments, pls reply to this thread. Thanks, Naveen

• 3.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Posted Jul 24, 2014 12:11 AM

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the reply. We also would like to know whether or not to list CI for change order ticket in scoreboard. As we can attach multiple CI in change order, I'm not sure on how to list these CIs in scoreboard as well.

Cheers,

• 4.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Posted Jul 24, 2014 01:14 AM

Hello liaha03,

A question for each post:  Why?

Understanding the business reason may generate a few more suggestions fro the Community, especially from sites who've handled something similar.

As a general comment, it may be best to avoid overloading the Scoreboard, both for clarity and performance.

If there are requirements such as "If Server X goes down, we must work on it with priority!" then you may be better off handling this with Notifications and Events. Service Desk is built around handling conditions along "If so is true, then fire this event."

If it is a reporting or visibility requirement, then perhaps BOXI or XMatters (separate module) may help.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Posted Jul 24, 2014 02:03 AM

Thanks for the reply, Kyle.

We just want to know whether or not we can list attachment or CIs in scoreboard for change order ticket.

Cheers,

• 6.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Posted Jul 24, 2014 03:35 AM

Hi liaha03.

I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve. The Scorebaord is more or less a list of predefined queries. What kind of query do you like to see there? All attachments for all open changes? Would that be helpfull? and if so, why? Nevertheless, this kind of query could be done. It would show you a list of attachments. In fact, I would restrict this kind of query to attachments of active changes only. Otherwise, the resulting lost will grow and grow forever.

Or is your question more related to the right side, not the scoreboard, but the list result frame, and here specifically for the change list?

I could imagine a requirement, saying, for each displayed change in the change list, show me a list of the attachments for each of these changes. This would be some kind of displaying lists in a list. Not that easy and I don't think, this is doable in a timely manner.

Nevertheless, I know of customers who wanted to see, that a change has attachments or not. This can be done by displaying the number of attachments for each change.

The same questions one can ask for the CI's of a change.

What do you mean by: "list attachment or CIs in scoreboard for change order ticket". Just let us know exactly and more detailed, what you want to achieve and waht is the business point of view behind your question.

Thanks and regards

...............Michael

• 7.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 02:07 AM

Interesting, Michael,

I don't think the attmnt object in the OOTB object_type list of a new crsq (there is configure item in the list)

if want to create new store query for attachment, will need to change the stored_query_prod_list first, but stored_query_prod_list exists only in object engine...

should need to modify maj file?

• 8.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 02:19 AM

ah yes, inlcude stored_query in DISPLAY_GROUP of an object

• 9.  Re: Can we list attachment file in scoreboard?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 02:24 AM

modify cm.maj

add one line under

OBJECT attmnt {

to

OBJECT attmnt {

DISPLAY_GROUP "stored_query";

Then you can select Attachment when creating new stored query