Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  U00010000 '0001', Object '' was not found. Please enter the correct name.

Posted May 31, 2017 05:41 AM
    I exported a workflow and its child objects from a v12 system and imported them into a v11.2 system. As far as I know, I included all objects upon which this workflow depends. When I try to run it though, an error appears before the prompt set is even displayed. The workflow ends in state FAULT_OTHER.
    U00010000 '0001', Object '' was not found. Please enter the correct name.
    I am pretty sure the problem is occurring when loading default prompt set values. The error does not indicate what object is missing. The server log does not show additional information on the error. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

• 2.  U00010000 '0001', Object '' was not found. Please enter the correct name.

Posted May 31, 2017 08:29 AM
    Ok, I figured it out by removing pieces and then adding them back until the error appeared.

Here’s the execution chain:
    1. JOBP uses PRPT.
    2. PRPT includes reference to EXEC VARA in default values.
    3. EXEC VARA calls SCRI.
    4. SCRI reads values from SQL VARA and creates data sequence to pass to parent EXEC VARA.
    5. SQL VARA uses HOSTG.
    6. HOSTG does not exist.
    The agent existed, but the containing agent group did not. Once I created it, the problem went away.

Needless to say, the error message was not terribly informative but I guess I’m the first person to do anything like this.  ;)

Update: This turned out not to be a complete solution. I fixed this problem but once I put everything back in place the problem returned. I’ll continue my investigation.

• 3.  U00010000 '0001', Object '' was not found. Please enter the correct name.

Posted Jun 02, 2017 11:14 AM
    I did some more investigation and discovered that a SYNC object that is sometimes used by this workflow was not present. Which SYNC object is used is determined dynamically based on prompt set input, so I’d be surprised if this alone caused the problem. (How could the system know what the name of the SYNC object is going to be before the prompt set has even been displayed?)

I also fiddled with the prompt set a bit, so that might have made a difference. (Several times now I have seen that a prompt set element causes a problem, but if I remove it and add it back exactly the same way, it works fine.)

In any event, the problem is fixed now and I do not know why.

• 4.  U00010000 '0001', Object '' was not found. Please enter the correct name.

Posted Jun 07, 2017 09:33 AM
    This error still appears periodically. It is intermittent, and I have not determined the cause with certainty. However, I have observed that the following pattern several times:
    1. I make a small change to the prompt set, such as modifying which fields are automatically reset when a field is changed. I save the change to the prompt set.
    2. I run the workflow. The error occurs before the prompt set even has a chance to appear.
    3. Without making any changes, I run the workflow again. This time it works and the prompt set appears.
    Very peculiar. I am beginning to suspect that this is a bug.