Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 02:28 AM

I have a ca siteminder environment . Earlier whenever i used to start the policy server it used to give a java error and the policy sever never started

ERROR:
    D
    :\ca\policyserver\siteminder\bin>java com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsole -smd ir "D:\ca\policyserver\siteminder"Couldn't load javasmconsoleapiException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.netegrity.sm.smco nsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.java_api_init()Z       at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.java_api_init(NativeMethod)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.init(SmConsoleAPI.ja va:60)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.ServerConnection.create(ServerConnection.j ava:39)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SettingsBean.<init>(SettingsBean.java:28)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsoleImpl.initSettings(SmConsoleImpl.j ava:544)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsoleImpl.<init>(SmConsoleImpl.java:55)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsoleImpl.main(SmConsoleImpl.java:47)      at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsole.main(SmConsole.java:19)

. I reinstalled the oracle java but now the policy server is not starting  neither giving the error.

• 2.  Re: policy server not starting

• 3.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 06:53 AM

i tried jvm debugging but still my policy server is working. 

• 4.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 02:39 AM

hello ujwol,

will there be any impact on the policy server data's if ill run the smpolicysrv.exe file ?

• 5.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 07:02 AM
    do you see any error in the console? did the smps.log get created?

• 6.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 02:40 AM
    No, there won't be.

• 7.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 02:55 AM

Also i have integrated ca identity manager with siteminder . both are on installed on the different servers. the policy server is installed on the same server as siteminder. I am installing a web agent on identity manager but i am getting an error below .

• 8.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Dec 30, 2016 04:33 AM

ensure policy server is up and you can telnet to policy server ports from this machine

• 9.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:25 PM

Hi Saba,

How are you going on with this ?
    Were you able to make any progress ?

Regards,

Ujwol 

• 10.  Re: policy server not starting

Posted Jan 04, 2017 04:38 AM

hello Ujwol,

The policy server is working fine now.

The environment here is already installed with identity manager on one server and site minder on the other along with policy server.

Now, I am integrating identity manager with site minder.  I have followed the CA  document.  the fipskey.dat file  which is created during installation of identity manager is missing . Is there any alternate way for creating the fipskey.dat file?  Also can you provide me with the encryption process. I am using RC2 command while running the pwdtool.bat  but when i am making a change with the ra.xml file and running the application server i am not able to import the directories and the environments to  IM management console. Please help me with the same.

Regards,

Saba.

• 11.  Re: policy server not starting
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 04, 2017 04:40 AM

Hi Saba , For IDM side of question, can you open a new thread in IDM community?