Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to restrict task deletion in OWB(some specific task)

Posted Aug 19, 2019 12:48 PM
    Edited by Abhash Katakwar Aug 19, 2019 12:49 PM
    ​Hi All,

I have to restrict the PM to delete some specific tasks from Clarity and Open work bench. Is there a way to achieve this.
    for eg. If a project has 10 tasks:
          9 tasks and
          1 specific task with a particular name/id
    In my requirement PM can do anything with those 9 tasks, however, can not delete that 1 specific task neither in Clarity nor in Open work bench.

Clarity 15.2 On-demand

Thanks in advance​

• 2.  RE: How to restrict task deletion in OWB(some specific task)
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 19, 2019 02:04 PM
    There is no right that can do that and not any supported way that I know of that would directly do that.
    However, if you have actuals for the task it cannot be deleted. It is just moved to under the phase Deleted Tasks at the end of the WBS. See
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1747&MID=725433&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer
    I do not know exactly how much actuals you mist have for the task.

• 3.  RE: How to restrict task deletion in OWB(some specific task)

Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:58 AM
    Communication is key here - if there are tasks that should not be deleted then you should communicate this to the PMs.

You could also turn on the Audit Trail functionality, in particular the Object Audit for deletion - this will allow you to identify who deleted a task and when.

• 4.  RE: How to restrict task deletion in OWB(some specific task)

Posted Aug 20, 2019 01:18 PM
    Thanks Martti and Steve.​