Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Cant deploy virtual service from my DevTest Workstation to AWS ec2 instance

Posted Sep 15, 2020 11:07 AM
    Hi ,

When I was trying to deploy a VSM from DevTest 10.5 Workstation on my VM to DevTest Server which is hosted on AWS ec2 instance, getting the below error:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: JMS Messaging problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG:2013/VSE Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG:2013?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG; nested exception is:
     com.itko.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG:2013?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.init(Transporter.java:412)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.<init>(Transporter.java:326)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.createTransporter(Transporter.java:285)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.getTransporter(Transporter.java:215)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.transport(Transporter.java:161)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transactor.transact(Transactor.java:68)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.ClientBase.transact(ClientBase.java:359)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.ClientBase.invokeMethod(ClientBase.java:269)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.ClientBase.invokeMethod(ClientBase.java:242)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.VSEClient.getServiceNames(VSEClient.java:67)
     at com.itko.lisa.vse.ui.actions.DeployToVSEAction$1.doCallback(DeployToVSEAction.java:188)
     at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:195)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG:2013?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG
     at com.itko.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
     at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:309)
     at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:228)
     at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:191)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.ActiveMQFactory.getRemoteQueueConnection(ActiveMQFactory.java:325)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.getOrMakeConnection(Transporter.java:427)
     at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.init(Transporter.java:398)
     ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG
     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:184)
     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
     at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.connect(TcpTransport.java:497)
     at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doStart(TcpTransport.java:460)
     at com.itko.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:53)
     at com.itko.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.start(InactivityMonitor.java:127)
     at com.itko.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:58)
     at com.itko.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.start(WireFormatNegotiator.java:72)
     at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:289)
     ... 17 more

I have also added the below step
    -Dlisa.vseName=tcp://<VSE_Server_IPAddr or VSE_Server_FQDN>:2013/VSE
    to  VirtualServiceEnvironmentService.vmoptions file but the issue didn't resolve.

I can connect to DevTest Server from remote DevTest  Workstation (Registry is working)

What might be the root cause of this issue and what is the solution to it?

Thanks in advance,
    Persis Shalini

• 2.  RE: Cant deploy virtual service from my DevTest Workstation to AWS ec2 instance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 03:53 PM
    Shalini,    What happens when you try to ping the VSE host   EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG from your workstation machine?  can you try using a static IP instead?

• 3.  RE: Cant deploy virtual service from my DevTest Workstation to AWS ec2 instance

Posted Sep 16, 2020 02:58 AM
    Hi Shiney,

Thanks for the reply,
    When i try to ping EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG with its ip , getting request timed out. But am able to connect to Devtest registry using the ip

Thanks
    Shalini

• 4.  RE: Cant deploy virtual service from my DevTest Workstation to AWS ec2 instance

Posted Sep 16, 2020 12:50 AM
    Hi Shalini,

Seems to be a HostNotFOund exception. Try fully qualified name of the AWS server or IP.

Also, if still the issue persists you might have to get the port enabled and modify firewall rule, if any.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 5.  RE: Cant deploy virtual service from my DevTest Workstation to AWS ec2 instance

Posted Sep 16, 2020 05:29 AM
    Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please let me know where  i have to give the fully qualified name or the ip, i mean in which property file should i change.

• 6.  RE: Cant deploy virtual service from my DevTest Workstation to AWS ec2 instance

Posted Sep 16, 2020 05:38 AM
    Hi Shalini,

Instead of EC2AMAZ-FVMTTTG use the respective IP. 
    You can try telnet for port 2010 & 2013 also from your machine to validate the ports & connectivity.
    Also, if still the issue persists you might have to get the port enabled and modify firewall rule, if any.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini