Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 13, 2016 12:39 PM
    Does anyone know how to use the STORAGE (STORE) object?  I understand the concept - and I've created an object and uploaded 2 files to it (a company log (*.png) and an XML file).  But how do I reference the STORAGE object, individual files in there?  I was hoping that I'd be able to:

a) generate an email via a notification object and include the company logo in email body
    b) attach a file to an email generated via a notification object

Is this possible?

• 2.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:28 PM
    I've never investigated it before either.  But I see there is a related :ATTACH_RES function to cause the stored object to be downloaded to the desired task/agent.  I don't understand how one would reference the file after that though.

• 3.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 13, 2016 03:33 PM
    the store object was designed to provide Files (especially environment files) for a specific job (or client) on an Agent.

I did a simple not very practical  Example just for using this new function- will upload it tomorrow morning.

Yes, Peter is right - as usual :-)

http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/11.2/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm?product=awa#ucsaca.htm

• 4.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 13, 2016 04:28 PM
    There is an example in the :ATTACH_RES help that downloads a JAR file, uses &$AGENT_RESOURCES_CLIENT# as the storage path for where the JAR was downloaded to, then executes it;

:ATTACH_RES "PCK.AUTOMIC_SIEBEL.PRV.STORE", "SIEBELTOOL.JAR", C 
    JAVA -JAR "&$AGENT_RESOURCES_CLIENT#SIEBELTOOL.JAR" SIEBEL IMPORTBUSINESSOBJECT

This makes me curious to know if UC4 will automatically delete the downloaded file when the task completes?

• 5.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:44 AM
    Pete Wirfs said:

This makes me curious to know if UC4 will automatically delete the downloaded file when the task completes?

If the agent treats these files in the same was as it treats the script files for external interpreter code blocks, then it removes them after the job has completed.

• 6.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 14, 2016 06:30 AM

If the agent treats these files in the same was as it treats the script files for external interpreter code blocks, then it removes them after the job has completed.
    exactly!

here my example, a WIN job

Process:
    :attach_res "STORE.EXAMPLE", SAMPLESTORE ,T,Y
    set /p var=<&$AGENT_RESOURCES_TASK#exampleSTORE.txt
    echo %var%
    :REGISTER_VARIABLE "variable#", %var%

post_process:
    :p &variable#

Report:
    c:\>set /p var= 0<C:\UC4\agents\WS112\agents\VWGSUP15_WS112_X64_02_SYS\Resources\0022\0001079481\exampleSTORE.txt

c:\>echo ProcessedbyAE11.2Schubiduba.
    ProcessedbyAE11.2Schubiduba.

Post process report:
    2016-06-14 12:26:22 - U00020408 ProcessedbyAE11.2Schubiduba.

• 7.  Using the STORAGE object

Posted Jun 14, 2016 07:38 AM
    Very interesting guys.  Thanks for pointing me in the direction of ATTACH_RES - that makes sense now.  Much appreciated.