CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Service Point

Posted Jul 30, 2020 04:39 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone figured out all the ends and outs of service point and best way to configure? And has anyone found any good how to setup service point to be the most beneficial for the end user documentation? 

Thanks
    Stephanie

------------------------------
    Stephanie Connolly
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

• 2.  RE: Service Point
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2020 05:29 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Aug 07, 2020 01:42 PM
    Hi Stephanie,

Have a look at the below link in the Tech Docs, which does a good intro of ServicePoint, where it fits in and some usage/admin tips. There are also some videos to look at...

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/using/service-point.html

If you have some very specific questions or use cases, rather list them so the team can try to respond to those questions

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: Service Point

Posted Aug 03, 2020 11:12 AM

Thank you. I will take another look at the tech doc. If the tech doc doesn't answer the specifics I am looking for I will post specifics

• 4.  RE: Service Point

Posted Aug 04, 2020 03:29 PM

One specific question I have:

User Context – What would I use the user context for?

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***

This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.

• 5.  RE: Service Point

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2020 06:48 AM
    The 1st paragraph on the below link should answer your query...

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/administering/configure-service-point/define-the-user-context.html

Kind Regards,
    Brian