DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to get the device overall maximum utilization fro cpu or interfaces

Posted Oct 15, 2019 03:47 AM
    Hi All,

we are using ca pm 3.7 , in this when we are generating the report for device over all maximum utilization it has showing the particular device component which has reached the maximum value .
    for example: device having 10 interfaces and only one interface went 100 utilization and all other 9 interfaces are below 20%.
    in this when we are generating the device overall maximum utilization it has showing 100%.
    but the actual over all maximum would be below 25%.
    why it has showing the individual interface value . we need the average of 10 interfaces with in the maximum value of average for day wise.

Thanks,
    john.

• 2.  RE: How to get the device overall maximum utilization fro cpu or interfaces

Posted Oct 16, 2019 05:57 AM
    Hi ALL,

Can anyone help me on this please.

Thanks,
    john.

• 3.  RE: How to get the device overall maximum utilization fro cpu or interfaces

Posted Oct 16, 2019 07:31 AM
    Is this for many devices?
    I am sure you can use a report that either will do a group average trend.
    Or a custom view  that uses group and not metric. I do not know if you can just point it to all groups or if you have more specific needs.

• 4.  RE: How to get the device overall maximum utilization fro cpu or interfaces

Posted Oct 16, 2019 07:43 AM
    Hi Robert,

I am trying to generate the report for a group .
    but before generate the report we need to add the particular core of cpu of every device in that group.
    but the cpu individual cores are not showing under the device components.
    or Is there any possibilities to generate the report for average CPU utilization of the device with average maximum value per day wise. 
    eg:) device CPU average is 20% per day , but with in that day only one time it may reached average is 50%. so we need a report like average is 20% and maximum is 50% per day.

Thanks,
    john.

• 5.  RE: How to get the device overall maximum utilization fro cpu or interfaces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2019 11:00 AM
    John,

You could create a dashboard like this if you want to do it for every interface under a device, the red boxes are key areas:

Dashboard

If you want to only see the average among a subset of interfaces, group only those interfaces together in a group and change the "Metric Calculate level" in my example from "by Device" to "by group".

Regards,
    Troy

• 6.  RE: How to get the device overall maximum utilization fro cpu or interfaces

Posted Oct 23, 2019 12:42 AM
    Hi Troy,

We have already tested the same but the average value is correct but the maximum is showing the individual interface value.

eg:) Device over all interface utilization - selected by device only.

overall interface utilization

interface individual value:

individual value as showing the device maximum value
    Thanks,
    john.