Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Can't see directory using RAFTP

Posted Oct 10, 2019 09:58 AM
    Using v12.1, I have installed a Windows agent and a rapidautomation agent on a SQL Server 2016 server.  This server has a symlink (mapped drive) to another server.

I created a JOBS, using the Windows agent and login, to do a directory listing.  This runs fine, sees the symlink and I can drill down to see the files.

However, I need to move those files to a third location and built an RAFTP JOBS to accomplish this.  I created a CONN object with the Windows agent login information.  

I created a RAFTP JOBS. In Attributes I specified the RAFTP agent and did a directory listing in the FTP tab.

First using the Agent File System, I can drill down to see the symlink but when I try to access the symlink I get "Folder c:\mounts\dorftpfiles does not exist"
    I then tried using the CONN object but that connection times out.

The Windows agent login has full control on the Windows agent and rapidautomation folders.

Does anyone know why I can access the symlink in a JOBS but not in an RAFTP JOBS?  And why the CONN object timeout when the login information works in the JOBS?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Developer
    State of Colorado

• 2.  RE: Can't see directory using RAFTP
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2019 12:40 PM
    As a troubleshooting step I would try starting the RA FTP Agent as the user that you are using in the login object. Then using the Agent file system see if it can hit the folder in question.

As for connection not working. It should create a log on the Agent temp directory if the connection fails. This will provide debugging as if you were running a verbose sftp connection from cmd line.

• 3.  RE: Can't see directory using RAFTP

Posted Oct 11, 2019 05:25 PM
    Thanks Michael.  The logging in as Automic_svc and starting the RA agent didn't help.  I found a different method to map the shared drive instead of using the symlink that might make it more visible to Automic.  I sent that to the server admin along with a request for the logs.  I'll review those and see what my next steps are.

Developer
    State of Colorado

• 4.  RE: Can't see directory using RAFTP

Posted Oct 14, 2019 09:54 AM
    I am in the process of doing the same.  What I have found that works is the JobF.  the RA FTP appears to be (at least for us) only for Unix (or variations thereof) to Unix.  The default seems to be the slash and not the backslash.

I have successfully used the JobF to log into our windows machine and transfer the file to our Unix File server.  

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Gary Chismar
    Manager, Automic, PeopleSoft HCM/FI
    Florida State University
    Florida

• 5.  RE: Can't see directory using RAFTP

Posted Oct 15, 2019 10:59 AM
    Thanks Gary.  Unfortunately, a JOBF requires an agent on both sides.  My end point is an encrypted file server.  When we tried putting an agent on that server, the encryption failed with transfers.   RAFTP does maintain the encryption so I am hoping the new drive mapping will help the process.

Developer
    State of Colorado