Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Approver comment to include in email notification

Posted Jun 03, 2020 10:23 PM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite vapp 14.3 VAPP.
    When an approver, try to approve/reject a request, they can fill up comment field. 
    Let said approver fill up comment field and approved the request, can we include the comment value into email notification(Event Approved) ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Approver comment to include in email notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 10:53 AM
    Unfortunately, these comments are not stored in a regular field or an attribute on the profile tab, which makes it difficult if not impossible to access except for viewing it in IDM's View Submitted Tasks screen. You might want to submit an enhancement request on this site's Ideation page.

------------------------------
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Approver comment to include in email notification

Posted Jun 05, 2020 05:35 AM
    It is possible to do. You have to create a screen logical attribute in IDM and put it on the screen. They you would need to put that on the form as something that the requester could fill out, and pass that value is a "hidden" field in portal to the screen logical. You would then write an email px or a policy express px to grab that screen logical when the event is approved/rejected and email it that way. We had to use some pretty funky logic to get it working, but it works. 

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,

-Andre

• 4.  RE: Approver comment to include in email notification

Posted Jun 05, 2020 05:42 AM
    Hi Andre, ur solution works if the comment is fill up during request submittion.
    My Question is during Approval stage by Manager, when the comment field in approval screen been filled, can it be sent as email.

Which we think, this feature is not available, where it required enhance request.

regards,
    William

• 5.  RE: Approver comment to include in email notification
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 24, 2020 04:50 PM
    Edited by William Cheang Jun 24, 2020 11:23 PM
    I have a PX Policy that executes after an Approved or Rejected event and performs a few SQL queries to determine if a comment was added. The entry rule could could be if Comments not "", perform a Send Email action. Your DB names might be different than mine, but hope the example below helps. In other data elements I get the approval node and approver ID. Trim and run thru a list iterator if necessary. This is also dependent on knowing the task ID, I set that at the beginning of the task using BLTH.

Edit: For clarification, this method allows you to obtain the comments from the standard Identity Portal "Leave your comment here" section. It does not require adding a new comment field to the form.

Example
    SELECT DISTINCT IPA.comments
    FROM [CAIM_Workflow].[dbo].[WP_PROCI] WP,
    [CAIM_Workflow].[dbo].[WP_ACTI_DATA] WAD,
    [CA_IdentityPortal].[dbo].[Approval] IPA
    WHERE WAD.PROCI_ID = WP.PROCI_ID
    AND WP.NAME = '{'Get Task ID'}'
    AND IPA.comments IS NOT NULL
    AND IPA.taskID LIKE '%' + CONVERT(varchar(50), WAD.ACTI_ID) + ':WPDS'

• 6.  RE: Approver comment to include in email notification

Posted Jun 24, 2020 11:23 PM
    Hi Adam,  This is useful query. thanks.