DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How is a 95 Percentile calculated for a interface group?

Posted Apr 08, 2021 04:05 AM
    Hello

If I have a group composed by 2 interfaces (X and Y, for example) I see in the Group Scorecard different values for the 95th Percentile for the X interface, for the Y interface and for the group.

How is this KPI calculated for the group?

Thank you.

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 2.  RE: How is a 95 Percentile calculated for a interface group?

Posted Apr 08, 2021 05:46 AM
    I think that Percentile is only available at element (device/interface/component) level in PM, not at group level.

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 3.  RE: How is a 95 Percentile calculated for a interface group?

Posted Apr 08, 2021 07:08 AM
    Hum.. I think I've seen some screenshots of the "Group Scorecard Table" View and "Group Scorecard Trend View" showing percentile values for the group interface utilization..

Maybe I'm wrong then? If we use this views for the percentile we can only have data for the interfaces and not for the group?

Thank you.

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 4.  RE: How is a 95 Percentile calculated for a interface group?

Posted Apr 08, 2021 07:48 AM
    I might be wrong about this, as I just checked a view that is presenting aggregate percentile values, groupwise. You can try to validate the values, by identifying each specific interface and its percentile value and see how the group one is created. I do not know how this would be presented at runtime, maybe aggregating the values on the fly, as for the group, they would not be available to query them directly as values from the database.

Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 5.  RE: How is a 95 Percentile calculated for a interface group?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2021 10:16 AM
    I believe for the group scorecard table, the values at the group level would be doing 95% of the metric 95% values for items in the group.  I don't believe we do 95% of the metric values being 95%'d.