Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  API Developer Portal integration for gateway cluster

Posted May 02, 2016 11:44 PM

Hello There,

I'm first time setting up the Developer Portal for the cluster of two gateway nodes. I'm little confused on how it need to be configured. can someone please help me with below

Do I need to run the setup-ssg-3.5.sh script in both of the nodes or is that only required on the primary node of the cluster?

Do I need to publish portalman and key management services on both the nodes?

While running the config_portal.sh do I need to give my gateway cluster hostname (which is load balancer hostname) for the field where it asks for the gateway host name?

Do I need to configure the API portal metrics synchronization utility on both instances of the Gateway?

It is really useful to for me if anyone can provide the above details as how it is configured usually.

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: API Developer Portal integration for gateway cluster
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2016 02:47 PM

1. Do I need to run the setup-ssg-3.5.sh script in both of the nodes or is that only required on the primary node of the cluster?

A: yes

2. Do I need to publish portalman and key management services on both the nodes?
    A: Once you create gateway cluster, replication , publishing this on one node will replicate to the other node DB as well

3. While running the config_portal.sh do I need to give my gateway cluster hostname (which is load balancer hostname) for the field where it asks for the gateway host name?

A: Yes, if you are using Load Balancer, make sure that LB is not terminating SSL

4. Do I need to configure the API portal metrics synchronization utility on both instances of the Gateway?

A:No

Configure the Portal Metrics Synchronization Utility - CA API Developer Portal - 3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Configure the Portal Metrics Synchronization Utility

Last update June 16, 2015  

The Portal Metrics Sync Utility pushes metrics data from the CA API Gateway database to the API Portal database. The configuration is done as a privileged (root) user on the command line. Knowledge of Linux commands is required.
    Before proceeding, make sure an API Portal instance has been configured. For more information, see "Install the API Portal".

Note: For clustered Gateways, the API Portal Metrics Synchronization Utility should only be installed on one Gateway node of the cluster.