Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  WIP Adjustments & Approvals Using SQL Script v14.3

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:19 AM
      |   view attached

All,

I recently had a request to create WIP adjustments for several hundred transactions due to mismatches between the resource's stated and posted rates. In looking at this, I saw that there are two delivered stored procedures that handle the creation of WIP adjustments (REV_PRC_ADJWIPMODXFERXACTION)  and approving the adjustments ([SP_ADJWIPAPPROVELINEITEM). I was able to use these in a script that would perform all the needed adjustments based on a SQL cursor that retrieved the invalid transactions that I needed to update. I wanted to share this with the community because this definitely reduced the pain of doing all the adjustments manually.

Hope this can help!

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: WIP Adjustments & Approvals Using SQL Script v14.3

Posted Apr 08, 2016 04:32 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Michael!

Michael Lee wrote:

All,

I recently had a request to create WIP adjustments for several hundred transactions due to mismatches between the resource's stated and posted rates. In looking at this, I saw that there are two delivered stored procedures that handle the creation of WIP adjustments (REV_PRC_ADJWIPMODXFERXACTION) and approving the adjustments ([SP_ADJWIPAPPROVELINEITEM). I was able to use these in a script that would perform all the needed adjustments based on a SQL cursor that retrieved the invalid transactions that I needed to update. I wanted to share this with the community because this definitely reduced the pain of doing all the adjustments manually.

Hope this can help!

• 3.  Re: WIP Adjustments & Approvals Using SQL Script v14.3

Posted Jul 17, 2017 12:13 PM

Thanks Michael for sharing this. I have a similar scenario where a set of projects were aligned to a wrong Rate Matrix. I need to change the Rate matrix and do the WIP adjustment. Since the transactions are large in volume, manual adjustment from UI is not feasible so I am trying the script shared by you. I have updated the script to support the oracle database.

But I am getting the below error -

Ora-20240:Ora-20240:Ora-20240:Ora-20240: A Rate Matrix could not be found, or Rate Matrix found was unable to match the transaction data.

Ora:06512 - at "schema_name.REV_PRC_ADJWIPMODXFERXACTION", at line 456...

I am calling the procedure REV_PRC_ADJWIPMODXFERXACTION

REV_PRC_ADJWIPMODXFERXACTION(

V_TRANSNO,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,

NULL,