Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AWI problems

Posted Oct 30, 2017 06:33 AM
    Below is a list of the problems we are tracking related to the Automic Web Interface (AWI).

Ticket ID

Description

Impact / Work-around

Status

PRB00216987

Login to v12.1 AWI times out if the user has any of the following privileges:
    • Access to My Catalog
    • Access to Process Assembly
    • Access to Process Monitoring

Logins to client 0 work OK.

Root cause:Custom attributes that use an SQL agent that is down.

Impact: Cannot log in

Work-arounds:

• Start the SQL agent.
    • Remove the custom attributes or use STATIC VARAs instead of ones that use an SQL 
    • Use the Java UI.

In progress
    INC00214137Single sign-on (SS) not working in v12.0.3 AWI. The kerberos ticket is accepted as valid, but then the connection times out.
    Impact: Cannot use SSO

Work-around: log in with username & password.
    In progress

• 2.  AWI problems

Posted Oct 30, 2017 09:36 AM
    Hello Michael,

did you have SSO enabled when testing no.1? Cause I tried to reproduce it in our 12.1 dev environment and wasn't able to.

Regards, Matthias

• 3.  AWI problems

Posted Oct 30, 2017 10:31 AM
    Matthias Schelp wrote:
    Did you have SSO enabled when testing no.1? Cause I tried to reproduce it in our 12.1 dev environment and wasn't able to.
    I did have SSO enabled (and it works fine, e.g., when logging into client 0). I tried disabling SSO, but this neither fixed the problem nor changed the symptoms.

• 4.  AWI problems

Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:50 PM

Hello Michael,

When I log in to Client 0 I get a blank screen in AWI.  I do not see the objects that I see using the UserInterface.

Is there some parameters or setting that I am missing?  Can you guide?

Thanks,
    Ram.

• 5.  AWI problems

Posted Nov 15, 2017 10:38 AM
    Automic finally identified the root cause of INC00138846:
    • In this system, we have defined several custom attributes inUC_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES.
    • For two of these custom attributes, the values come fromEXEC VARAs that run SQL jobs.
    • The SQL agent on which these jobs run was down.
    In this set of circumstances, the AWI is not usable.

Update 2017.11.16:
    I confirmed that the problem also happens if the custom attribute values are loaded from an SQL VARA and the corresponding agent is down. The problem also affects the Java User Interface, but not as severely: login and other operations work fine, but trying to load these particular custom attribute pick lists causes the JUI to hang.

Unless and until this issue is resolved, it is probably advisable to use only STATIC VARA as the data source for custom attribute value pick lists.

• 6.  AWI problems

Posted Jan 03, 2018 07:11 AM
    Automic confirmed that the problem described in INC00138846 is a bug. They opened PRB00216987 for this. I described the bug in detail in another thread, along with a work-around.