Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  CA Agile Central Query Language Definition for Notepad++ or Other Editor?

Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:12 AM

#queryeditor #ide #querytool

I'm looking around for language definitions/configurations for Notepad++, VIM, Emacs, IDEs, etc., so I can do pretty printing with indentation, brace balancing, and so on for CA Agile Central Queries..

My initial attempts at searching for this have yielded zilch.  Have any of you created a language definition/configuration for the Rally/CA Agile Central query language for any of the mainstream smart editors or for some IDE?

Thanks, in advance.

Mike

• 2.  Re: CA Agile Central Query Language Definition for Notepad++ or Other Editor?

Posted Sep 04, 2017 07:53 AM

miguelfuerte,

Not that it helps, but I haven't found anything either for this request.

Still looking.

Michael

• 3.  Re: CA Agile Central Query Language Definition for Notepad++ or Other Editor?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2017 11:40 AM

My guess, Michael, is that most CA Agile Queries are so small that there has not been enough motivation for someone to create this.

On a site with a large data history (i.e., possibly 15 years of accumulated data) I've noticed that queries that get very complex are not very snappy. ;o)   I suspect anything more ambitious than a few query comparisons needs to be done in an app.  Given the relatively small size of the queries created by most customers, I suspect that a syntax aware editor has not been a big need.