Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to Remove Certain Records in Analytics Datastore?

Posted Sep 16, 2019 05:21 PM
    Edited by henry villarta Sep 16, 2019 05:21 PM
    Would you please help me to Remove Certain Records in Analytics Datastore?

I changed the AchiveKey1 assignment on some my jobs and when I view it on Analytics, it is showing on both ArchiveKey1 values. I know that Analytics is pulling data from AE AH* tables, does it mean I have to apply update AE AH* tables in order to have correct the data in Analytics Datastore?

• 2.  RE: How to Remove Certain Records in Analytics Datastore?

Posted Sep 17, 2019 02:34 AM
    Hi.

I know very little about Analytics but afaik it caches many things in it's own Postgres DB. So if you get wrong data that's not visible in AE itself, I'd first go looking into the Postgres db.

As for AH tables, the official stance has always been​ that you need Automic to approve any direct writes to the db or otherwise risk your support status. If the information you see in Analytics is outdated or plain wrong (tbh not entirely sure I understand what you mean by "both ArchiveKey1 values"), I'd much rather file a support ticket for that and see what they come up with.

Hth,

• 3.  RE: How to Remove Certain Records in Analytics Datastore?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 10:54 AM
    Hey Henry if you changed the archive key all  executions before you changed the key will have the old value (in AE within the AH table and in analytics in postgres). This is by design, those executions have been done with the old value. 
    If you don't want to show the old archive key value in analytics I would just add it as a filter (archive key 1! = old value) to the dashboard.
    Best Tobi

• 4.  RE: How to Remove Certain Records in Analytics Datastore?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 10:54 AM
    Hey Henry, this is by design the old executions have been executed with Tha old archive key value. If you don't want to show it in a dashboard just add a filter for it: archive key 1! = old value will remove those from the data. 

Best
    Tobi

• 5.  RE: How to Remove Certain Records in Analytics Datastore?

Posted Sep 17, 2019 11:33 AM
    Thanks Carsten and Tobias for your recommendations.

It looks like i just need to exclude it in data source filter.

I was wondering if I can have a clean data without setting filter by either editing or removing the record with old archivekey assignment.

Thanks and Cheers!!