DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Email triggered acknowledgement

Posted Oct 09, 2019 05:45 AM
    Hi Team,

Can you help me to understand how do i check whether email was triggered from UIM and was successfully received to recipient.

Past 1 month back email.

Other than email gateway logs.

Regards
    Vivek

• 2.  RE: Email triggered acknowledgement
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 07:58 AM
    I doubt you will be able to collect this from the UIM side.
    The only places this information would be stored would be the emailgtw or nas logs which usually hold a few hours to a few days of information at most.

Also having a notification for recipient receipt is not built into the emailgtw probe so getting a confirmation that the end-user received the email is not possible.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Email triggered acknowledgement

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 08:55 AM
    Yes, as Gene implied, you would have to check with the email administrator to see if they can track it using the actual mail gateway logs.

Steve

[Designation]
    [City]

• 4.  RE: Email triggered acknowledgement

Posted Oct 09, 2019 10:49 AM
    And just to throw my two cents in, email has no guaranteed delivery mechanism. There is no way to know for sure that the recipient saw the mail that was received. There are some mechanisms in email (read-receipt for instance) that try to address this but ultimately fail in some cases. 

At best, in UIM, if you set the log level of the email gateway high enough, you can get the exchange of messaging with the next SMTP hop but all that means is that the email message was passed off to another system, nothing with regards to it actually making it to the recipient.