AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Application Completion Percentage in Monitor Perspective

Posted Dec 20, 2017 09:26 AM

I have an application that has more than 2000 File triggers jobs which are inserted using ESPmgr commands in automaticly way in it. All those commands are specify in a shell that this same application executes.

The file triggers jobs tree takes too long in create jobs in the application, almost 2 hours and if a see it in my application monitor the most of them are in PREDWAIT state, but if i check out the jobs states by BIRT report (using sql query) i could realize that almost every file triggers jobs are in COMPLETE state, because of the files are in the source, which is correct, but the Completion Pecentage shows 33%, when the real one should be almost 90% or more.

In the BIRT report i am filtering by job state of ESP_RTWOB table, i am not filtering by ESP_GENERIC_JOB.

Does anyone know why could be happening this?
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

We have CA CAWA DE 11.3.3 Server and 11.3.2 Desktop Client versions

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.
    Isaac

• 2.  Re: Application Completion Percentage in Monitor Perspective

Posted Dec 20, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi Isaac, 

The process you mentioned will be very slow.  I am wondering if there is a better process. 

Why do you need the file triggers built from the agent side? 

Don

• 3.  Re: Application Completion Percentage in Monitor Perspective

Posted Jan 10, 2018 01:12 PM

Hi,

We need this because the client requires to monitor the arrival of files in the source in a graph way. In adittion, this arrival to those interfaces is dynamic, so some days  open 100 offices (10 files per office) and other day could be arrive open 180 offices. 

thanks,

Isaac

• 4.  Re: Application Completion Percentage in Monitor Perspective
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 28, 2017 02:53 AM

Hi Isaac

I think you should revisit your scenario to load these 2000 File Trigger Jobs with imexutil

imexutil

For example, when a job completes on the System Agent, triggers the execution of imexutil on the server to load your 2000 FT jobs

Regards

Jean Paul

• 5.  Re: Application Completion Percentage in Monitor Perspective

Posted Jan 10, 2018 01:15 PM

Hi Jean Paul,

/How could be imexutil used in order to detect interfaces or execute process/commands?

Thanks a lot!

Isaac