CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Drop Down Menu Creation

Posted Sep 09, 2016 01:47 PM

I have read everything I could get my hands on but so far no luck. I have created a custom attribute and table in my development environment on the detail_chg.htmpl with the goal to create a custom drop-down for the options of <empty>, Yes, No.  I made the new attribute for the drop-down and made it SREL to the new table with column information listed in the new table. However, when I preview it no options are available.  What am I missing? I see that other drop-down menus have their attributes listed in SDM. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Drop Down Menu Creation
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:32 PM

First question, is this drop down intended to only EVER have the values of <empty>, Yes, or No?  If so, your field just needs to be an SREL to the existing bool (Boolean) table.  Second, can you provide the actual code from the htmpl file for the drop down field?

Thanks,

Andrea

• 3.  Re: Drop Down Menu Creation

Posted Sep 09, 2016 04:32 PM

Thank you very much, I did not realize the Boolean table had the <empty> option, thought it was just 1 or 0; since I need to make this field mandatory I thought it would always be filled out with the 1 or 0 default value. I really appreciate the quick response, it worked great!