Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What does "Registered" status mean?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 08:20 AM
    Hi.

We have an important job that worked ENDED_OK every day until today. Following an engine outage today, every time the user starts it, it ends up like this:

Does anyone know what "registered" is and how to get the job to run?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: What does "Registered" status mean?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2020 08:31 AM
    Ahoi,

here is what documentation says about status "registered":

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AA/12.3/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Executions/obj_Exec_Generation.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%7CExecuting%7CExecution%2520Stages%7C_____2

Out of experience since upgrade to 12.3 in AWI we often see Staus "Registered" in Process Monitoring, no idea if this is caused (or duration in this status is increased) by AWI or any other component of V12.3....

hope this helps at least a bit...

cheers, Wolfgang

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 3.  RE: What does "Registered" status mean?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 08:34 AM
    Sry forgot to answer on the actual question :-S

after some time the status "registered" disappears and the object begins to run...

honestly: since V12.3 subjectivly AE is more hmmm lazy or inresponsive than previous version....

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 4.  RE: What does "Registered" status mean?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 08:52 AM
    Thanks Wolfgang!

It's solved, your input put me on the right track. The user who designed and started this job had started the job manually. The job is actually a "child" itself, in normal operation it has a parent. The parent activates a "job group" that was bound to the child job.

When he starts the child on it's own, he needed to start the job group by hand, too. This is what he initially neglected. Only then does the job start to run.

I guess a proper message like "waiting for job group blahfasel to become active" would be an "Ideation" item ...

Best,
    Carsten

• 5.  RE: What does "Registered" status mean?

Posted Oct 27, 2022 05:20 PM
    Hello Carsten Schmitz

I know this thread is very old, but I am currently encountering the same problem. I'm using a JOBG which is running a job in parallel. That job sometimes finishes OK and sometimes leaves jobs in registered status. Please could you tell me how you solved it?