Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Create Target Account via API

Posted Sep 16, 2021 11:21 AM
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create target accounts using PAM REST API but I can't find the attribute's which will configure UNIX tab.

In API DOC doesn't show the attribute's names so I don't know if it's possible.

{
        "accountName":null,
        "aliasNames":null,
        "attributes":null,
        "cacheBehavior":null,
        "cacheDuration":null,
        "description1":null,
        "description2":null,
        "password":null,
        "passwordViewPolicyId":null,
        "privileged":null,
        "synchronize":null,
        "useAliasNameParameter":null
    }

Let's assume we want create a target account which need other account to change the password and verify using your own password. It's possible using REST API?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Ty.

• 2.  RE: Create Target Account via API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2021 12:16 PM
    Hello Yan, This information is provided in the attributes array. Examples of doing this with a power shell script are provided in KB 218925. The PS syntax is a little different from the payload structure you would use on the API Doc page in the PAM UI, but what matters is the list of attributes that need to be defined, and you will find those in the sample script. Also, it's prudent to exercise GET calls on the API Doc page and retrieve existing target accounts of the type you want to create to see what properties they have set.

• 3.  RE: Create Target Account via API

Posted Sep 20, 2021 01:45 PM
    @Ralf Prigl thank you, i was able to automate devices/applications/accounts and policies creation in my environment.​