DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  snmpcollector profile & template

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 12:00 AM

Is there a way I can control which template a device (profile) use? I know I can use precedence to control which template win but I would rather build say, a few templates for different brand/model of routers, a few templates for Firewall etc... and then depending on the model of the device I want to manage, I want to be able to pick which template to assign to which devices.

Also, am I correct that the template is only apply during the first "Query Discovery server"? what happen if I change the template after profile is built, I would need to go to each individual profile (devices) and make the change? 

• 2.  Re: snmpcollector profile & template
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2018 12:25 AM

You can use the Template Filters in snmpcollector , filters let you control how the probe applies monitors based on attributes of the target device. You can tailor the rules in the template specific to your requirement 

snmpcollector Configure Monitoring with Templates - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Docume… 

If you update the template, the new changes should get applied to the profiles automatically after you save the template changes