Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOI Spectrum connector initialization when Spectrum switched to secondary

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:08 PM

We have Spectrum r10.2.1, SOI 4.0.2, and Spectrum connector 2.0.0.244.  Does initialization of the connector require it to connect to the primary Spectrum SpectroServer, or can the connector initialize if Spectrum is switched to the secondary SpectroServer.  We have a scenario where the connector services were restarted after a Spectrum landscape was switched to the secondary due to a file system issue on the primary.  The Spectrum connector seems to be hung on trying to connect to the primary which is down, but is correctly configured with the secondary in it's resources file.

I have a case open for this, but just trying to find out if what we are experiencing is operation as designed or not.

• 2.  Re: SOI Spectrum connector initialization when Spectrum switched to secondary

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:55 PM

Hi Brian,

The spectrum connector was supposed to automatically switch connection to secondary spectro server when the primary fails over without reintializing because the connector supports fault tolerance. The connector may reinitialized if the spectro server fails to respond.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 3.  Re: SOI Spectrum connector initialization when Spectrum switched to secondary

Posted Mar 09, 2018 10:29 AM

When we've switched Spectrum to secondary spectroservers, the connectors have seemed to work fine, switching between the primary and secondary without initializing.  In this case, I restarted services for the connectors after Spectrum was already switched.  It never did connect to the secondary in this case.  Once the spectrum primary was back on-line, I restarted the connectors and all was fine.  So in our case perhaps there's something about the connector configuration or 2.0.0.244 has some issue.  I'll be upgrading the connectors to 2.0.0.259 next week and will do further tests.  Will also ask the person handling our support case to verify that we are configured properly.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: SOI Spectrum connector initialization when Spectrum switched to secondary

Posted Apr 22, 2018 01:27 AM

Hi Shaheen,

I have same question, and when i checked connector status than I got below error.

Sun Apr 22 00:13:23 CDT 2018Connector-specific initialization failed: Connector is reporting problems interfacing with the domain manager. isSystemUp() returned false

please suggest what mean by above error.

regards,

Amit rai