Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Has any on demand site integrated with Tableau

Posted Jan 23, 2016 04:18 AM

Folks,

Are there any on demand sites that have integrated v14 with Tableau. if so can you give me an insight into the level of complexity and the timelines involved. Also has any site integrated the Datawarehouse in v14 with an Enterprise Datawarehouse.

• 2.  Re: Has any on demand site integrated with Tableau

Posted Feb 20, 2016 01:44 PM

I was just asked to take a look at what it would take to connect Tableau with our PPM On-Demand instance.  So in a  very brief look, it looks pretty straight forward and I think the steps are:

1. Identify the PPM data elements needed for use in Tableau.
    2. Develop a set of NSQL queries that will provide the data sources for Tableau.
      1. Connection Options:
      2. Create Web Data Connectors for each of the NSQL queries develop above.
    3. A simple service that executes the NSQL queries ad drops the results in a local database.
    4. If using Web Data Connectors, it looks like they need to be hosted in either the Tableau Desktop or Tableau Server.  With a local database, I am thinking the data sources should be configured as live.
    5. If using Tableau Online, it looks like you need to use a Sync Client to get the data loading into the cloud.

After this is all worked out the real effort starts to develop the dashboards / analytic views.

If we head down this path, I will update this post with our experiences.

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: Has any on demand site integrated with Tableau

Posted Feb 22, 2016 08:53 AM

Thanks for sharing your insight on this Gene.

I believe there is a "reporting api" on the product roadmap, let's hope a out the box connector appears.

This one sounds like a great add-on for the Create a CA PPM Add-In Store