Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Shared Account Manager features support

Posted Oct 29, 2014 06:47 AM

Hello,

I am working on CA Shared Account Manager, but am doubtful on a few features. I just want to confirm that whether these features are available in CA Shared Account Manager or will they be added on the newer versions:

• I want to confirm that if there is a normal user and accesses the CA SAM portal for let's say Linux putty access. He is able to see all the Servers and privileged users on his screen. Can we restrict this thing. I mean he is able to see all the Windows Server's, network devices and linux machines. I just want a group of users to see a set of machines for which they can request access for. Is this possible to configure. If yes then please provide me a link from where I can configure these restrictions.
    • My second question is that for many organizations we have multiple layers of approvals. Can we implement multiple approvers, chained approvals and lets say a group for approving the requests.

Regards

Zia

• 2.  Re: CA Shared Account Manager features support
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 10:48 AM

Zia,

The scoping on the role would allow you to restrict what accounts a user is able to see. A common action i've used on implementations is pre-populating the Custom Fields on the account. Example Custom1 we populate with the OS information. This is helpful not only for scoping rules but also for reporting and reconciliation. From there establish the scoping on your role to the user group that say should only have access to accounts that contain Windows within Custom1.

Yes there is a multi-step approval available within the Task. I believe OOTB its set to single Step Approval. Would recommend making a copy of that task and changing  to multistep to establish. then creating a custom role and associating that task with it.

• 3.  Re: CA Shared Account Manager features support

Posted Oct 31, 2014 01:55 AM

Hello Adam,

Thanks for providing the useful information.

Regards

Zia