DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  set QOS source to robot name instead of hostname

Posted May 29, 2020 06:42 AM
    Hello Community, 
    We have many AWS instances which are with hostname i-gk295** something like that and its hard to find out the performance graphs for them easily in PRD view.
    However, we have easy robot name for them as per the application and I usually mark checked the QOS source to robot name instead of hostname.
    but, is it possible to add that in robot.cfg file so that I can deploy that for all such instances from AWS end? every time I have to open the controller probe and get it updated. Please help.

• 2.  RE: set QOS source to robot name instead of hostname
    Best Answer

Posted May 29, 2020 10:43 AM
    While not best practice, you can edit the robot_update package and set the value you want in the .cfx file included there.

Alternatively, you can create your own package, add a tab as a controller config tab, create the file robot.cfx with (double check the key - I think it is this one)

<controller> overwrite
    set_qos_source = yes
    </controller>

in it. Then add a second tab and set as the dependency for that the robot_update package.

That should then create a robot.cfg with those three lines in it. Then when the actual robot install happens, it won't overwrite that value.