CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add group notification checkbox and map with activity notification

Posted Jan 17, 2019 06:06 AM

Hello,

we have a request where the customer would like to enable/disable which users are able to receive a custom notification on some activity.

Ex. On initial activity we added another template which is sent with the default initial template.

what we would like is to map a custom checkbox which we would add in the group members list with initial activity and custom notification to be excluded or included depending on checkbox.

If anyone has idea please be free to post.

Kind Regards,

Domagoj

• 2.  Re: Add group notification checkbox and map with activity notification

Posted Jan 31, 2019 01:32 AM

Hello Domagoj, 

Short of writing SPL code, I'm not sure if there is a good way to do this in product.

The typical ways of handling "This person gets notified, this person doesn't" are as follows:

* You divide the users into common Groups/Objects and then notify them as a whole.

This is an overall, across all tickets approach. 

* Use Manual Notifications.

This is what we used to call the "In the Know" list, and means that you manually add the people to be contacted to the ticket at some point, and then use this list to keep them updated. So it is an "opt in for each ticket" approach.

* Look at a conditional macro. It may be able to look at  a field on a Call Request and then send a Notification.

* Call in the big gun - CA PAM. You can do a lot of conditional checking with this, but once again, it is beyond my ken to actually design the flow to get the outcome you want, sorry!

Anyone else got suggestions?

I'd just add a rule of thumb, and that is, if you can't find a way to do something without customisations/bending the system or otherwise doing something complex, see if there is another way to approach the business need.  Sometimes changing the business processes leads to a better outcome than changing the tool setup.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Add group notification checkbox and map with activity notification

Posted Feb 05, 2019 06:51 AM

1. create a customized filed under grpmem object (example : zCustNotif SREL to ACTBOOL Default 0 ]. Do this with WSP Schema Designer.

2. Create a condition macro to verify the value for "zCustNotif" from grpmem. But the tricky part is the Condition need to be created under object=cr. A condition macro can't be created from Admin UI. You need to create from back-end in Spell_Macro table. [Pseudo Code : { if (cr.group.grpmem.zCustNotif==1)
      return (TRUE);
      else
      return (FALSE);}
    This is tricky part and actual code need to write very carefully.

3. Next to create Spel Code for custom notification. The SPEL code should trigger on the specified scenarios (Ex : on Status Update) based on the condition created before. If condition met, the notification will trigger to the specified contact list of the target group members. The SPEL notification is the only way out here. You can't go ahead with generic Activity Notification with several challenges.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 4.  Re: Add group notification checkbox and map with activity notification

Posted Feb 07, 2019 02:55 AM

Thanks for advice, will test and let you know.

Kind Regards,

Domagoj

• 5.  Re: Add group notification checkbox and map with activity notification

Posted Feb 11, 2019 03:00 PM

ArunavaScr.group.grpmem is nothing.

The correct attribute is cr.group.member_list and even then, you will not get close to achieve what you want.

I was trying to get it working with a custom BREL attribute on group that returns only grpmem object that have the checkbox checked and it was not working so i had a look at the community and found the following article.

Please read this : How Can I Send a Notification to CIs Other Contacts Only? 

You can always use PAM or create a spel code to send notification to a bunch of specific person.