DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  processes probe: Internal error: Unable to find any processes

Posted May 11, 2018 04:21 AM

Hello guys,

we are in trouble, we are running some AIX machines, which got nimsoft controllers on themself installed.

Processes probe is set to check some kind of processes by name+ command line. For example, if we want to monitor cron, we are using /usr/sbin/cron, this way we can use some switches in command as well.

Problem is, that we are sometimes getting these alarms:

DETAIL: processes:Internal error: Unable to find any processes.

We already followed all steps here: processes probe: Internal error: Unable to find an - CA Knowledge 

Error isnt occurring that often as before but sometimes still is.

Could you provide us any hints to solve this out?
    Kind Regards,

Petr Ketner

• 2.  Re: processes probe: Internal error: Unable to find any processes

Posted May 11, 2018 09:27 AM

Petr,

Is error happening only for specific processes?

Perhaps the messages log at \var\logs\ will provide something helpful on the error.

the processes probe should be rev 4.60, and it might also help to use robot 7.93.

• 3.  Re: processes probe: Internal error: Unable to find any processes

Posted May 11, 2018 10:42 AM

David, thank you for your respond.

I truly dont know, it only occurrs on servers, where we are monitoring these processes:

UIM agent, TSM agent, systemservices, errdemon, biod, cron, inetd, portmap, rpc.lockd, rpc.statd, syslogd, xntdp

Well, thats actually not possible, one of our unix admin told me, that they are not using /var/log/messages no AIX, they store most of logs at /var/adm/ras, anyways he told me that they are not logging many system informations.

Could we anyhow sniff the run with process checking, when we cant get any info from /var/logs/messages?

I found in CA Service Operations Insight, that UIM path of that alarm is: 

UIM Path:spcss:secondary:r2pc2p:processes:Fetch processes

Processes probe is ver 4.60 and we have all robots upgraded on 7.93.

Does anyone have the same issues? 

Thank you very much!