Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  TEWS Service cannot find environment

Posted Jul 26, 2012 07:19 AM
    Dear Community,

I have a weird issue where the TEWS web service is apparently not able to identity the environment.
    I have an environment which I have enabled for web services (Management console --> <env name> --> Advanced Settings --> Web Services) and enabled the web service for: Execution, WSDL generation and admin_id impersonation

But when I try to access the WSDL for the web service using the URL: htttp://localhost:7001/iam/im/TEWS6/<environmentAlias>?wsdl

I get a SOAP fault page that says:

<soapenv:Fault>

<faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring>Not authorized for service.</faultstring>

<detail>

<ImsException version="6.0">

<exception>

<name>com.netegrity.ims.tews6.Tews6Exception</name>

<code>400</code>

<description>Cannot find the environment for XYZ</description>

<transaction/>

</exception>

</ImsException>

</detail>
    </soapenv:Fault>

Also, I observe that when the CAIM server start up sequence, I can see a WARNING:
    [ims.tews6] Cannot fully initialize the filter because the environment service is not available. This is used to read the web service settings....

Any pointers as to what configurations can I check to see as to why TEWS cannot find my environment would be highly appreciated !!!

Also, I was curious to know where can I find more details regarding what exactly happens during the startup sequence (The 27 step sequence that CAIM follows to start up) and where is this configuration kept if I want to check these?

Thanks in advance,
    Diwakar

• 2.  RE: TEWS Service cannot find environment

Posted Jul 27, 2012 08:59 AM
    I would go into the ear file's log4j file and set the logging levels to DEBUG. This will ensure you get debug level logging during the startup sequence, and it will give you a better idea of what is going on and what the issue is.

Log4j file is in the iam_im.ear - one of these depending on your environment:

./config/com/netegrity/config/log4j_weblogic.properties
    ./config/com/netegrity/config/log4j_jboss.properties
    ./config/com/netegrity/config/log4j_websphere.properties
    ./config/com/netegrity/config/log4j_generic.properties

• 3.  RE: TEWS Service cannot find environment

Posted Aug 23, 2012 01:53 AM
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the tip. I enabled debug logs to see if I can get any additional information. But without any luck. I can only see the below line in the additioanl logs (I am suspecting this is why the TEWS service cannot find the environment) but there is no information as to what is going wrong.

[ims.tews6] Cannot fully initialize the filter because the environment service is not available. This is used to read the web service settings

Thanks,
    Diwakar

• 4.  RE: TEWS Service cannot find environment
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 24, 2012 01:18 AM
    Ok. Finally I have managed to find a "workaround" for this. For the benefit of those people who face the similar issue:

Navigate to your application server stage / deployments directory / iam ear directory/user_console.war/WEB-INF and edit the web.xml and comment out the following TEWSSecurity Filter

<filter>

<filter-name>TEWSFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.netegrity.ims.tews6.servletfilter.TewsSecurityFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

If you are planning on protecting your TEWS services this workaround may not be for you though. But if yours is a development environment (like in my case) you can use this to at least create the WSDL and call your TEWS service.

Thanks,
    Diwakar

• 5.  Re: TEWS Service cannot find environment

Posted Apr 24, 2018 12:56 PM

Adding to it. Comment out the below portion as well. 

<!--
    <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>TEWSFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/TEWS6/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    -->