Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM login to a single terminal server within a server farm

Posted Dec 03, 2019 06:05 AM
    Hi,

We have a terminal server farm consisting of over 25 servers. Unfortunately the access over CA PAM does not work at all (meaning: you try to connect to e.g. server04 but nothing happens). Our goal is to open an administrative session (currently we use /admin in our RDP tool for that - this enables to access exactly the server you want to instead of being handled by the session broker). How can we achieve the same result with the Layer 7 Privileged Access Management?

Does the tool support this way or do we need to find another way to provide access to the servers of the farm?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Nadja

• 2.  RE: CA PAM login to a single terminal server within a server farm
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 01:13 AM
    Nadja,

When assigning the RDP access method to the devices, check the "console" box.  This is the equivalent to using the /console or /admin switch in mstsc.exe.  I haven't tested it myself in your particular scenario, but it should work.

Note, I believe you would only be able to have a single active connection to that device using this switch, as you are actually remotely connecting to the console session (the same one that would be accessed via a local keyboard/mouse/monitor).

I hope this is what your looking for.